Sunday, January 29, 2017

Laura’s Review of Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6) By Samantha Young

Synopsis
Logan from Echoes of Scotland Street is back with his own smoldering story, as the New York Times bestselling On Dublin Street series returns…

Logan spent two years paying for the mistakes he made. Now, he’s ready to start over. He has a great apartment, a good job, and plenty of women to distract him from his past. And one woman who is driving him to distraction…

Grace escaped her manipulative family by moving to a new city. Her new life, made to suit her own needs, is almost perfect. All she needs to do is find her Mr. Right—or at least figure out a way to ignore her irresistible yet annoying womanizer of a neighbor.

Grace is determined to have nothing to do with Logan until a life-changing surprise slowly begins turning the wild heartbreaker into exactly the kind of strong, stable man she’s been searching for. Only just when she begins to give into his charms, her own messy past threatens to derail everything they’ve worked to build…

Last book in the Series
What I Loved
Every times I read a story in this series it reminds me why I love this series so much and Moonlight on Nightingale Way was no different in that aspect.  Ever since Echoes of Scotland Street, Logan had intrigued me, so I was very happy that the last book in the series would be his story.  The book begins with him starting his life over after spending two years in jail. He definitely seems to keep himself busy with family, friends and lots of women to warm his bed at night. Much to the annoyance of his next-door neighbor Grace, who gets to hear all about his late-night rendezvouses because of the thin walls. 

We meet Grace trying to live her semi-quiet life which is suddenly interrupted by her new hot neighbor and his many steamy dates.  Right away I loved Grace’s character and her ability to stand up for herself whenever Logan would annoy her.  She did come across somewhat of a stickler but also lovable and easy to relate to as well.  She made it easy for me to become emotionally involved in the plot and stay that way till the very end

I loved the back and forth between the two of them in the beginning, and even when Logan tried to be nice to Grace it was cute watching the sexual tension build between them.  I especially loved how Graced stepped up to help Logan when his entire world was thrown upside down.  The attraction between them was hot and it was sizzling when they finally got down to business! It was also heartwarming watching them build a relationship together and fall in love.


Not So Much
        I don’t think I have any huge complaints about this story, it was hot from beginning to end and I absolutely loved it.  My only negative would be that it was a little too predictable for my tastes because it followed the same plot cycle as all the rest of the books in this series.  I wish maybe there were some twists that I didn’t see coming or something to add more excitement.  I’m not saying I hate the formula each book follows in this series, it’s just that it’s the same exact one in every single book. 

To Sum It All Up!
        Once again Samantha Young has knocked a contemporary romance out of the park and I loved every minute of it.  Like I said before Logan intrigued me in the previous book so I was happy that the next one was his story and I wasn’t disappointed at all.  He turned out to be everything I wanted him to be and so much more.  Logan’s sexiness jumps off the pages from the start but you find out is truly the perfect man by the time the story ends.  He’s made some bad choices in his life that lead him down some dark roads but when his life is forever changed once again he steps up to the challenge and that made me love him even more. 

        Also, I loved the sexual tension between Logan and Grace, it was there the minute they lay eyes on each other and I couldn’t wait for the moment they finally go at it.  It was wonderful to watch them fight their attraction but then eventually fall in love.  All that fighting made all the love scenes sweeter and definitely more enjoyable. 

        This was a bittersweet read for me because I loved this story but I knew when I finished it the series would be over and I didn’t want to say goodbye to all these wonderful characters and their stories.  I fell in love with this makeshift family when I began reading On Dublin Street and it was so great to watch all of that grow with each new story.  At the end of the book the point of views change to each character from the other books, for me it was a nice way to say goodbye to everyone and their stories.  This is truly one of my favorite series which means although this is the end, there are many rereads in my future.

Purchase Today

No comments:

Post a Comment