Sunday, August 13, 2017

Laura’s Review of Wrecked by JB Salsbury

Synopsis

When you can’t trust yourself, how can you ask anyone else to?

It’s been months since Aden Colt left the Army, and still the memories haunt him. When he moved into a boat off the California coast, he thought he’d found the perfect place to escape life.

Then Sawyer shows up, and turns his simple life upside down.

Beautiful and sophisticated, she seems out of place in this laidback beach town. Something is pushing her to experience everything she can—including Aden. But as much as he wants her, starting a relationship with Sawyer puts them both at risk.

For Aden, the past doesn’t stay there; it shows up unexpectedly, uncontrollably, and doesn’t care whose life it wrecks.
What I Loved
        Wow, well where do I start? I loved the way the prologue gripped my heart and broke it all at the same time.  It made me instantly love Aden and feel for his struggle more than if it was explained later on through the plot or in flashbacks.  Every time Aden struggled with his feelings or was having a flashback it was easier to grasp what was going on around him because as a reader you lived that with him. 

        At the same time, you meet Sawyer who has detached herself from life in a way while trying to honor her dying sister’s last wish by pretending to be her out in California.  These are two damaged souls who in a weird way have found a haven in each other and I loved watching them discover that. Their emotions were so heightened and mine right along with them, they’re two complex characters that had me addicted from the beginning.
Not So Much
        This isn’t a slight against the book, but for the first time I wasn’t completely in love with the heroine in story for quite some time.  I think her uptightness was hard to relate to and her attitude towards people almost irritated me in a way, but I did eventually learn to love Sawyer.  I don’t like knocking books for their plot and I’m not doing this here, all I’m saying is that it was a new experience for me to not like one of the main characters for that long. 
To Sum It All Up!
       Overall this was another amazingly written book by JB Salsbury.  She has such a great ability to write complex characters with a developed plot that hooks you immediately and Wrecked was no different.  Aden’s struggles and experiences captivated me and Sawyer trying to carry out her sister’s last wishes was heartbreaking.  I loved their romance and watching them fall in love with one another.  Every time they were together they couldn’t get enough of each other and I couldn’t get enough of them! Their chemistry sizzled and even with all the drama between them there were some light-hearted moments that I really enjoyed as well.  I loved all the detail added into the story because it made me feel like I was right along with them for the ride and the character development for both was amazing.  You got to know both characters separately as well as together and watch them grow as people as well as a couple.  I truly loved Wrecked and I cannot wait to see what JB Salsbury comes out with next! 
Purchase Today

No comments:

Post a Comment