Monday, March 3, 2014

Lauren's Review of Hot Shots by Anne Marsh, Lynn LaFleaur and Stacey Kennedy

This book contains three short stories all dealing with sexy firemen.  The summary includes blurbs about each individual story.

**ARC received on behalf of Kensington Books from NetGalley**

Summary: Sexy as sin and hot as hell, these firefighters smolder with passion and burn with desire. .

"Fired Up" by Anne Marsh
Hannah Green watches for wildfires from an isolated fire tower in Sequoia National Park by day and radios Cajun firefighter Cole Henry at night to share carnal fantasies hot enough to start a forest fire.

"Sizzle" by Lynn LaFleur
When photojournalist Maysen Halliday arrives in Lanville to take ca
lendar pictures of the sexiest firefighters in Texas, red hot Fire Chief Clay Spencer makes her want him for her own personal centerfold
 
"Five-Alarm Masquerade" by Stacey Kennedy
With her home destroyed in a fire, Abby has only the muscular arms of a rock hard firefighter to hold her up and the dream of blazing hot nights of pure erotic pleasure to keep her going. . .

Overall Book Rating: 3.5 Stars

What I Loved About Each Story:

Fired Up- I thought this was a great way to start off the book and it was also my favorite of the three.   I immediately enjoyed reading about Hannah and her sexual adventures with Cole.  I could not imagine coming face to face with my fantasy lover after the games they were playing especially thinking he would never show up at her front door step.  I think it is super hot and very alpha that he went out to her watchtower to check in on her and his first sight of her was from a distance, watching her bathe in a waterfall.  From that moment on, I couldn't keep me eyes off of the page.  After wrapping up this story, I wanted more of Hannah and Cole.

"What if I want to take the chance, want to see if we could have something more? What if I want more than just the nights?"

Sizzle- While Fired Up was very arousing and sensual, Sizzle was cuddly and flirtatious. First of all, where do I get her job shooting delicious fireman for an article and calendar?  I thought it was charming watching Maysen chase after Clay to get him to participate in her project. Despite being burned previously by a woman who was only in town for a short time, Clay opens himself to Maysen.  Overall, it is a very delightful story with a little bit of drama and a happy ending.

"You look like you want to devour me," he said, low and husky. She wouldn't lie to him about the way she felt. "I do." "That is handy, since I want to devour you too."

Five-Alarm Masquerade- While this story was entertaining, it was my least favorite of the three.  I felt the story was rushed and jumped all over the place.  Abby house catches on fire and destroys all of her pictures of her family.  For some reason, Abby sticks out to Gavin, the fireman who helps soothe her after the fire. After that, the story takes a weird turn and gets to be slightly farfetched.  This story deals with a heavy story line for a short story.   There is so much going on for Abby and Gavin that the author needed more time to really develop each character and to me, that is why the story felt rushed and lacking. 

"Seeing you like this tempts me to want to keep you here all night," he murmured against her flesh, trailing his nose along her skin and inhaling deeply. "To do incredibly naughty things to this sexy body, for as long as I want."


Next on my TBR list: A Reason to Breathe by C.P. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment