Saturday, June 13, 2015

Laura’s Review of Fighting for Forever (Fighting, #6) by J.B. Salsbury



Synopsis

Slut. Hooker. Whore.

The taunts never bothered me. They only see what I allow them to see, and a Las Vegas stripper is the perfect cover.

My life had direction. I had a mission—until the man I needed vanished and is presumed dead.

It’s time to move on—give up the dream for revenge—and no one shows me that more than the mop-headed fighter with eyes the color of the ocean.

If anyone can teach me just how sweet life can be, it’s him. But first, I’d have to let go.

Mase. Baywatch. Mayhem. 

I’m known by many names, but there’s only one that stirs panic and worry in my gut every time I’m called it.

Brother.

I’ve bailed him out of trouble for years, so when he turns up in Vegas and asks for me, I’m prepared for the worst. And the worst is exactly what I get in the form of a lilac-eyed beauty named Trix.

She’s everything I hate about Vegas: a stripper, loose with her body and her morals. But there’s something about her, a complexity that she buries deep, and I’m determined to uncover it.

The deeper I go, the less I understand. When I finally learn the truth, we engage in a battle where life and death hang in the balance.

Fighting could kill us both, but if we win, forever is the prize. 


What I Loved
     
        First of all after Fighting the Fall, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Mason’s story.  I have loved this dude for so long and after what happened with Eve, it just made me want to see him find his soulmate so badly.  There isn’t one thing I don’t love about Mason, he’s not afraid to put himself out there and has always been such a great character. He made it easy for me to becoming completely engrossed in this story and loving every minute of it.


          There is so much I love about this series because it’s not just about the romance, there’s always drama and suspense and this book was no different.  I loved how hard Mason fought for Trix; he stood up for her anytime someone put her down and just loved and supported her so much.  I was so excited to get to know Mason more and get to his story and I wasn’t disappointed at all.


Not So Much
          I was lucky enough to get an ARC so there some normal things that were a little wrong; some inconsistencies and grammar mistakes that I’m completely sure will be taken care of when the final version is released. 

          My only complaint that I have about this series as a whole is that I wish there was more fighting in the books.  These are essentially UFC fighters and this is their career so I wish there was more fighting involved in each storyline.  Especially in this one, I felt like Mason’s upcoming fight was talked about a little in the beginning but then it was never mentioned again. 


To Sum It All Up!
         
          No story in this series is without suspense and this latest novel was definitely no different.  My heart was pounding at certain points, Trix and Mason had some close calls but of course all worked out in the end.  I’m not going to in to specifics because that would spoil things, just know that you are in for an adventure.  


           Once again we meet the rest of the gang in this story, and I love when series develop around a group of characters because it makes the reader more invested as the books moves along.  Like I said before I couldn’t wait to get to Mason’s story.  He of all people deserved to be happy and fall in love and he totally got that this time around.  Trix gripped my heart from the very beginning and never let go, she was such an engrossing character and I totally loved that.  This was such a great story added in to an already amazing series! I mean who doesn’t love hot sweaty men that beat the crap out of each other for sport? 


No comments:

Post a Comment