Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lauren's Review of Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy) by M. Pierce

Summary: Love is unstoppable...
At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce. At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano has a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah. Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable.


Rating: Going back and forth between 2.5 and 3 Stars. The sex scenes are the only reason I am pushing this to a 3. I am so surprised by the 4.24 rating on Goodreads!!


What I Loved: The originality of the story! I needed something new and fresh.  I picked up this book because I was hearing good things about it and I always have trouble deciding what to read next. The one thing that got my attention was the comparison to Fifty Shades and while the sex scenes were hot and definitely alpha male, let's not get crazy and compare it to Fifty.

Cons: HEADS UP SPOILER ALERT...The book lost me several times but mainly towards the end. It seemed a little too over dramatic (even for me and I love drama).  I found that Matt was unlikeable and a little bit of a jerk. I didn't get his personality at all. How they met and how her photo "accidentially" ended up in his email just seemed off to me. I know the story is suppose to fun but it still needs to be believeable. For example, what are the chances that she moves to the same town, he just happens to see her through the window of the bar. Let's talk about the fact that her sister is a striper and doesn't seem shy about showing her sister some sexy dance moves at the family 4th of July party!!! Plus, the whole cabin scene is a bit ridic. I could go on and on.

Sex Scenes: The only reason I didn't DNF this book.

Next Read: Hard as It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) by Laura Kaye


2 comments:

  1. I give this review 1 star. I had to DNF on the first sentence. I was lost. (I kid, I kid.)

    Love,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that was funny! I actually got confused for a minute :)

    ReplyDelete