Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Laura’s Review of Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard #3) by Christina Lauren

If you like One Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye, The Proposition by Katie Ashley, and Love Left Behind by S.H. Kolee then you will love this book!!!!!!



Basic Summary:  A bombshell bookworm.  A chronic Casanova.  And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school

                When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating.  And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend.  Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?

                Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget.  Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.




What I Love About This Book:  First of all thank you to Christina and Lauren for creating this series, I absolutely love it!!!!! I fell in love with Chloe and Bennett within the first chapter of book one and that stayed true when I began reading this book as well.  Hanna is a great character and very unique in that she has no filter and asks the most inappropriate questions, at the weirdest times and you just blush for her sometimes when it just spills out of her mouth.  But that’s what makes her such a great person, because she’s comfortable enough in her own skin that even though you might be embarrassed for her, she’s not embarrassed at all.  There tons of times I wanted to slap her though and just spit it out instead of beating around the bush when it came to her feelings for Will. 

                
               The same goes for Will, he doesn't disappoint at all in this book, and definitely deserves to be a league with his friends Max and Bennett from the other books in this series.  The way the authors describe him from the very beginning he just kind of oozes sex so much it spills from the pages and right into your heart.  He’s definitely that typical guy out there at first that has friends who are moving on with their lives, and is no longer really able to relate to them because of their serious relationships.  He’s become the “single friend” in the group, and although he’s painfully aware of it he has not real problem remaining single until he rediscovers his best friend Jensen’s little sister Hanna. 

             
   I love how he comes up with his own nickname for her other than Ziggy which is what her family calls her, and starts seeing her as a woman not a project he is working on.  I love that he comes across as the vulnerable one in this story, and has the realization that he is head over heels in love with Hanna before she is able to face her feelings for him.  It’s a great spin on what a typical love story would be, where it’s the man’s feeling you have no clue about and it’s the girl that realizes first she’s in love with him.   I like that even though their relationship seems kind of short, they've known each other for over a decade and in a way have been best friends before they realized they were.  I love how they truly are best friends, and not just when it comes to relationship but in life in general. 


Cons:  I don’t really have a lot of cons for this book.  The writing was great, and the details to me were just right, as well as the character development.  I guess my own negative thing would be that the first two books kind of just jumped right into the sex scenes, and they started off hot from chapter one and ended just as hot in the epilogue.  This book kind of took it’s time and built up towards the sex scenes rather than just diving right in.  I get this story called for that so it’s not a huge negative for me just a small one.



Overall:  I loved the sex scenes in this book, so much I can’t really name my favorite one.  It would probably be the one where they are back in her parent’s house in the middle of the night.  I really loved Hanna and Will, and I was glad their miscommunication with each other didn't completely end them when it could’ve.  I love that there were times in this book that I had a huge smile on my face reading it, and there were other times when I was just laughing out loud.  Max is hilarious in this book, and it’s so great to see his relationship with Sara progress as well as with Chloe and Bennett.  The ending was just too cute for words; if I ever fly on a plane next my boyfriend (if I ever get one) I totally want him to start texting me sexy things even if he was sitting 2 inches away.   These authors have such a great chemistry when writing books I can’t wait to read more of their stuff.  This is just a marvelous series!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment