Saturday, November 23, 2013

Laura’s Review of Father Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood #6.5) by J.R. Ward



Basic Summary:  As a former blood slave, Zsadist bore the scars from a past filled with suffering and degradation until Bella came along and helped heal his emotional wounds.  Now, though, with the birth of their child, the demons of his past have been resurrected, called forth by the innocent eyes of this beloved, Nalla. Unless Bella and Nalla can bring him back with their love, he may be lost to them forever.


What I Love About This Book:  I’ve never been a huge fan of these little mini-stories in between books of a series but I just loved Lover Awakened so much and Zsadist and Bella are probably my favorite couple in this series that I couldn’t resist.  It’s just the right length too as far as short stories go and it’s really good.  Filled lots of love, some pain, and great sex scenes what more could you ask for.  I love how J.R. Ward creates a story and how each character’s POV brings depths to each plot and this short story definitely follows in this regard.  It was so depressing when Bella was so desperate for her husband Zsadist to just pick up his own child, and how she felt she was left with no other choice but to leave him.  Zsadist’s story has always been my favorite because it’s so haunting and violent and disturbing that he truly is a miracle because he survived.  You want to scream while reading this because you don’t want Bella to leave and she’s told of Zsadist’s injury just in the nick of time. 

Cons:  Can’t get enough of Zsadist and Bella, so I’m glad there was more of their story to share but I still want more!!!!! 


Overall:  I don’t know what about Zsadist and Bella that has made their love story my favorite book but it is.  Bella as a female character is great, and to see her as a mother is even better.  The ending was very endearing and experiencing Zsadist as a father was so wonderful.  Great short story!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment