Monday, November 25, 2013

Lauren's Review of Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell #1) by R.L Mathewson




I  love when it's cold out and I can stay in all weekend with a blanket and good book.  It's been a while since I read a book in a weekend but this was a light, easy, enjoyable read and it reminded me a little of Wallbanger by Alice Clayton.


Rating: 4 Stars

Summary: Done with being the world's biggest pushover, Haley decides that things are going to change starting with the aggravating neighbor who has too much charm and not enough restraint. What she didn't expect was to be sucked into his world, but Haley has a game plan and she won't let herself forget just what the bad boy next door is capable of.  The last thing Jason expected was for his little shy neighbor to go Rambo on him over some ruined flowers. After he decides to take her under his wing he can't help but notice that she fits very nicely in his life. Now the only thing left is to convince her that this is anything but a game.


What I Loved: I think when reading this book everyone is going to say the same thing. It was a light, sweet, romantic read.  The characters are entertaining, fun and likeable.  I was interested right from the beginning with the flower scene and instantly wanted Haley and Jason to be together.  I enjoyed watching their friendship develop into much more.  Loved the nickname, Grasshopper too!
Overall, the story flows with some love and drama (whoo hoo!) and of course a HEA ending.


Cons: Not much to complain about but I think the virgin thing gets a bit old sometimes and I would have loved to punch Haley's family in the face!

Hot Scene: Never thought about using Buttercream frosting that way ;)

Next Read: Killing Sarai by J. A Redmerski

No comments:

Post a Comment