Monday, November 25, 2013

Laura’s Review of Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3) by Olivia Cunning

If you love Rock My Bed by Michelle A. Valentine, Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley, and Consumed by Emily Snow then you will love this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Basic Summary:  There are things in bassist Jace Seymour’s past that he is unwilling to share with anyone.  To cover his guilt and anguish, he seeks dominatrix Mistress V (Aggie) to temporarily placate his inner turmoil.

            Aggie doesn’t have much use for men-besides the power rush she gets when they’re begging for mercy at her feet-but Jace isn’t like her usual clients.  His cool defiance and unexpected dominance in the bedroom drives her to distraction and quickly steals her heart.

            When circumstances threaten Jace’s position in Sinners, Aggie must help him regain his rightful place in the band while showing him that time and love can heal all wounds.


What I Love About This Book:  Olivia Cunning doesn't beat around the bush in her love stories and I absolutely love it!! By the time your about 30% through the book you have already read probably about a dozen hot and heavy sex scenes and it’s hard to choose which one is your favorite.  For in this book it might just be the hottttttt sex on top of Jace’s motorcycle.  Who wouldn't to have sex with a hunk of hot metal below them?
   
       Jace has always kind of the mysterious one of the bunch, and it’s so great to finally get to his story.  From reading Brian’s story in the very first book I always thought that Jace was a Dom, but reality when it comes to BDSM he’s more submissive when it comes to pain, and Dominant when it comes to pleasure so in many ways he’s a switch.  Much like his beautiful girlfriend Aggie who loves to cause men pain with her bull whip but doesn’t mind Jace tying her up and bringing her to the brink of orgasm for a couple hours. Jace’s story is sooooo sad and it makes him very vulnerable in a lot of ways and that just makes him as a character more lovable and makes this story very enthralling. 


Cons:  At first I felt like this story was kind choppy and didn’t have a very good flow to it.  The chapters kind of skipped big chunks of time and for me that kind of stilted the flow of the story.  I felt like because there was skipping time in between some of the earlier chapters there were details skipped over that to me would’ve added to the story.  To me, I would’ve liked to have seen more Jace missing Aggie when he was on tour or back in LA waiting for Trey to heal.  I know Sed’s story kind of fills in some of those holes of time but that’s from Sed’s and Jessica’s POV not Jace’s.  Same goes for Aggie, her mom pissed me off the minute she came onto the scene but I would've liked to seen more detail of Aggie’s life while Jace was away.

 For some reason the publishers released the stories in this series in the wrong order and I had to keep reminding myself of that when I read the parts that involved Trey and Eric.  I get it but I would've liked it better if they were released in order instead of book 5, Double Time, before Hot Ticket.  Loving this series so much I couldn't wait for book 3 to come out so I had to read Double Time but now I kind of regret seeing how their futures have come to fruition in book 5 then going back and reading book 3. 



Overall: I love this story, and I love how Jace and Aggie interact with each other.  There were so many times when I was reading this story, where I was waiting for Aggie to have a more typical reaction to Jace being an asshole by yelling at him or storming away but instead she would let it roll off her and still be there for him.  I loved that about Aggie I liked that this female character doesn’t take Jace’s shit when deflecting his emotions, and just stayed there and waited for him to share or pushed him to open up. 


            I loved the ending, a great dramatic scene towards the end of the book that I know plays out into Wicked Beat, book four of this series with Eric’s story.  I loved that Jace finally was able to accepted his place in the band and that we get to see Sed’s and Brian’s relationship continue even though they aren’t the main characters in the continuing books.  This story was definitely a heart clincher, and I am totally in love Jace and the rest of the Sinners!!

No comments:

Post a Comment