Sunday, May 7, 2017

Laura’s Review of Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

Synopsis
Book one in the sexy and scintillating new White Lies duet by Lisa Renee Jones! 

There are those moments in life that are provocative in their very existences, that embed in our minds forever, and sometimes our very souls. They change us, mold us, maybe even save us. But some are darker, dangerous. If we allow them to, they control us. Seduce us. Quite possibly even destroy us.

The moment I walked into Sonoma’s Reid Winter Winery and Vineyard and made eye contact with Faith Winter for the first time was one of those moments. Provocative because I know at least one of her secrets, of which, I suspect she has many. Provocative because she believes I was a stranger to her when we met, but I am not. Provocative because I sought her out, with no intention of touching her. But now I have. Now I want her. Now I have to have her. But that changes nothing. It doesn’t change why I came for her.

Book two: Shameless will be out on July 11th!

What I Loved
        Every time I begin a book by Lisa Renee Jones I know I will completely love it but hate it all at the same time, because I will end up having about 1,000 unanswered questions by the end. Which of course happened again when I finished reading this book.  Provocative is a spin-off from the Inside Out series, following Chris Merit’s attorney, Tiger aka Nick Rogers’ story.  Nick is in pursuit of the person who is responsible for his father’s death and in doing so crosses paths with the beautiful Faith Winter. 

        From there the story intertwines between seduction, mystery and suspense, leaving me NEEDING to know more!  I started this book with a little trepidation, wondering if I could really get involved with yet another character from the Inside Out series but the minute I began reading I was hooked.  Nick was an alluring character when he worked for Chris so I knew that I would like him but by the end I absolutely loved him.  He’s this domineering alpha male that always gets what he wants no questions asked and has the balls to back it up!

        I really liked the character of Faith as well, she’s strong willed and capable of running a winery but has this creative side to her as well.  She’s sacrificed her artistic career to run her father’s winery and fulfill his dream after he passed which was is admirable.  I love how she keeps Nick on his toes and leaves him wanting and I absolutely love the attraction between the two of them.

Not So Much
        I really have nothing to complain about, I truly loved the plot.  I will warn anyone who does not like cliffhangers though that this is not the book for you until Shameless comes out.  But fare warning, if you like Lisa Renee Jones then you should be used to cliffhangers so get over it!


To Sum It All Up!
        Overall, this was another amazing story written by Lisa Renee Jones.  I thought I had my mind made up about one of the characters throughout the book, but then at the very last second I was left questioning everything!  I love books that make me so frustrated; I know it’s contradictory, but I want to be kept on my toes and this author always does that.  I cannot wait until Shameless comes out because I really need to find out what’s going to happen next!

        The attraction between Nick and Faith is unquestionable and I loved their scenes together.  It was kind of sweet seeing Nick settle into his feelings for Faith, and to watch Faith fight her feelings for Nick at every turn.  You know there are a lot of secrets between these two and I can’t wait to see them all unravel.  I was addicted to this story from the beginning until the very last page.

Purchase Today


No comments:

Post a Comment