Monday, September 29, 2014

Laura’s Review of Deacon (Unfinished Hero, #4) by Kristen Ashley



If you have read and enjoyed Cooper (Corps Security, #4) by Harper Sloan, Devil’s Game (Reapers MC, #3) by Joanna Wylde, and Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3) J.B. Salsbury

Synopsis
Deacon has an ugly history, a history that broke him, leaving him a ghost of a man. Out of necessity, he left the normal world to descend into the criminal world and found he fit. So he stayed. Cold as ice and living off the grid, Deacon has no intention to connect, not with anyone.

Then he returns to some remote cabins in the Colorado Mountains and finds they have new owners. One of them is Cassidy Swallow, a young woman willing to work hard to live her quiet dream in a house by a river surrounded by aspen and pine.

Suddenly, Deacon finds he’s at war. Cassidy’s pull for him to connect is strong. He fights it, but he loses, always coming back for more. But when he does, he gives her nothing.

From the first time she sees him, Cassidy knows Deacon is dead inside. She knows he’s the kind of man who could destroy a woman. But one night when Deacon’s control slips, Cassidy takes a chance.

He might break her. He also might be her dream come true.


What I Loved
           
             Move over Christian & Ana, and welcome Deacon & Cassidy to the fun world of bondage!!! Wow well where should I begin with what I loved about this book?  First of all the sexual chemistry between Cassidy and Deacon is through the rough, it was a slow simmer at first but when they finally got together it was boiling! There were so many hot sex scenes to choose from in this story I don’t think I can choose my favorite.  I love how vulnerable this not only made Cassidy but at times, Deacon as well.  It showed his adventurous side much more than I ever thought possible! 

            Once again Kristen Ashley has created a female character that I have absolutely fallen in love with, and her total acceptance of Deacon and his boundaries just made me love her more.  Cassidy is strong, independent women, who at first takes crap from certain guys but right away you see she can only take so much before they are gone!  I love how she fights with Deacon about paying for things, and know when to compromise sometimes but holds her ground at other times.  I loved that Cassidy knew her dream at the age of thirteen and followed those dreams no matter what.



Not So Much
            I really don’t have tons to complain about when it comes to this book, this series is my favorite series out of all the Kristen Ashley books, because Creed is my hands down favorite book of any Kristen Ashley book I’ve ever read.  Saying that, I felt like there should’ve been some more action and drama in the plot because the other stories in this series had at least a couple heart in your throat, jaw on the floor moments.   For quite some time I kept on waiting for the other shoe to drop, during all these wonderful scenes (and they were great scenes) because I knew something bad was coming, and when it did….it wasn’t what I was expecting I guess.  I don’t know I guess I was expecting huge heart break, big drama, maybe some blood, so I was a little disappointed I didn’t get that in this one.


This Book Was

Glacier Lily
          Wonderful!  I couldn’t wait to dive back into the world of Kristen Ashley and see where Deacon and Cassidy were going to lead me.  Once again Kristen Ashley has found a way to weave many of her other series together, which she totally did and then some!  There is a The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) connection in the beginning of the book, and we get to see Daisy & Marcus again!!!!! I was so excited about that; I just miss Daisy so much!  There was definitely a little bit more extreme sex scenes which I enjoyed fully, because Deacon is one hot badass who I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on.  This story ended a little differently than the others in this series, which leads me to believe the ending arc will continue on to the next book, but I could be wrong.  I absolutely love this series, like I said before Creed is my all-time favorite Kristen Ashley book, and I was so excited to dive back in.  I was not disappointed in the least, and I know you will not be either! 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment