Monday, September 29, 2014

Lauren's Review of Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers #1) by Tammy Falkner


Summary: She’s locked up tight. But he might be the key. Logan Reed is tall, tatted and tempting. Kit’s a woman with a mean right hook and a secret. Kit wants a tattoo, but Logan sees more than she intends to share in the drawing of the tat she wants. He sees her in ways no one ever has. Logan’s not disabled; but he hasn’t spoken in eight years. He hasn’t needed to. Until he meets Kit. Logan doesn’t know everything about Kit. Kit doesn’t know anything about herself, until she has to sacrifice all she ever wanted to save what’s most important to him.



 
Rating: 4 Stars
 

What I Loved: I finally got to this book!!! What drew me to this one…umm the title? Who doesn’t want someone tall, tatted and tempting? I really connected with this book. It is hard for me to pinpoint what it was about this book that kept me so absorbed. Falkner does an amazing job at slowing down the story; just enough to keep us entertained but slow enough to fall into the characters and their lives. I was invested in them and wanted everyone to come out ok.  There was a closeness between the characters that I could relate to. Coming from an Italian family, I love a story that focuses on family. I got a kick out of watching the dynamics between Logan and his three brothers.

While I could drink up Logan all day, I was really fond of the chemistry between Matt and Kit. I felt an emotional connection with this story and maybe it is because it was my time of the month while I was reading but some parts really resonated with me.

Not so Much:  I missed the hot sex! There is so much sexual tension in this book!! I was left with some blue balls by the end of this book.  So hopefully, there is more action in book two. Also, I thought the characters should have been older.  The dialogue and maturity level did not fit a 19 & 21 year old.  I find it hard to believe that a father would try to marry off his 19 year old daughter in this day and age.    

My Next Book: Moving right along to Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers #2) by Tammy Falkner

No comments:

Post a Comment