Friday, February 7, 2014

Kari's Review of A Reason To Breathe by C.P. Smith



If you loved For You (The ‘Burg #1) by Kristen Ashley or Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick #8) by Kristen Ashley then you will love this book!!

Summary/Blurb:
Love at first sight was never so dangerous.

Jack Gunnison has a problem, well, two actually, one is 5'5" and the other...a Killer.

Jennifer Stewart needs a change after losing her husband and sending her daughter off to college. 

Moving to the high country of Colorado to restart her life and, follow her dreams, Jenn gets more than she bargained for when she attracts the eye of a killer.

Together, Jack and Jenn must figure out his identity, before he strikes again.

What I loved:
I am obsessed with alpha male romances.  Jack was super alpha: possessive, protective, bossy, and a man of the law.  What a combo!! Jenn, was feisty and smart which kept Jack on his toes.  They had a connection from very early on in the story.  There relationship was funny, charming, and quite emotional.  
I absolutely adored the relationship between Jenn and her daughter Bailey.  Being older, Bailey had more of a friendship with her mom and brought lightness and comedy to an otherwise tense situation, being there was a serial killer on the loose and all. I’m hoping for more on her!!

What I didn’t love:
The creepy ass Mayor!!! He was so deplorable.  If I could have been  in the story, I think I may have punched him myself.  The fact that he tried to take advantage of a women when she was drunk, was so disgusting to me.  I know this was important to give the reader a full picture of the total creeper he was, but ugh!!! GROSS!!!

Overall:
This is an author to watch!! This story had just the right amount of suspense, creepiness, and love.  It wasn’t overdone.  The lead characters were believable and lovable.  Again I will say it, I love alpha male romances! I am always asking for recommendations for them and on the lookout for them.  This combo of alpha meets feisty woman was spot on!! There is something to be said for a man in uniform. My mom can vouch for that seeing as she fell in love with her own lawman.  Never a dull moment, and the corrupt city officials  exist everywhere, even in books!  LOL!!  Pick this book up to see who the killer is and if Jack and Jenn find their HEA!

Favorite quotes/lines:

“I’m not 9-5 suit material; I wear jeans; I hunt bad guys, and I rescue damsels in distress.”- Jack

“I can be a bitch; I can eat up balls, spit them out and then trample them with my boots.” - Jenn

“Seems where you are concerned nothing is easy, so no, I’m not making this easy when everything about you makes me hard.” -Jack

“Sweetness, I don’t give a shit if he’s pissed or inconvenienced, you kiss me like that again, and I’ll make the whole fuckin’ town wait.” -Jack


“Insufferable man thinks he can order me around?  Who does he think he is?  OK, maybe he’s the Sheriff, but still, I don’t need him barking orders at me.  No wonder he’s still single, who’d put up with that?” -Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment