Sunday, January 19, 2014

Laura’s Review of Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5) by Kristen Ashley


If you loved Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2) by R.L. Mathewson, Unleashed (Ross Siblings, #1) by Cherri Lynn, Play it Safe by Kristen Ashley, and On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young


Basic Summary
Ava hates men, she has reason and she’s vowed not only never to get involved with another one again but also to exact vengeance on her best friend’s, lying, cheating husband.  Since Luke, Ava’s childhood crush, is now a private investigator, she thinks to enlist him but change her mind at the last second.

Too late, Luke knows she’s up to something and he’s already seen many a Rock Chick try to flight her own battles without the Hot Bunch stepping in.  He’s having none of it.  She’s having none of him.  The clash of the Rock Chick and Hot Guy begins but Luke’s got the advantage.  He has handcuffs and he’s not afraid to use them.


What I Love About This Book
          Okay ladies, who wouldn't want two hot men fighting over them?  Yeah that’s what I thought; there is no woman out there that wouldn't enjoy that at least a little bit.  That’s one of the many things that make this book sooooo awesome!  Luke is probably one of my favorite Hot Bunch guy and the massive amounts of sex that him and Ava have make him even hotter.  There is not one thing I dislike about Luke Stark and he is truly someone I wish existed in real life. 

          I love that this story takes a more Indy, Lee path as far as childhood friends falling in love, but that’s kind of where the similarities end.  I think I love Ava so much because she’s kind of that plain girl that gets the hot guy, even though she’s beautiful herself.  She grew up in a very messed up household when it comes to mental stability and had this school girl crush on the boy next door who just so happened to be the one of the hottest boys around.  Luke has always kind of looked out for her in some aspects, and in her own way has always tried to be looking for him as well.  I think that’s what I love most about Ava because even though she was four years younger than Luke and considered herself this fat little girl, she was able to reach out to him in a way that he needed at that moment.  That’s what makes them so beautiful together.  I really got attached to Ava in this book more so than some of the other rock chicks, and when her heart breaks my heart was breaking right along with her.
         
           Kristen Ashley doesn't disappoint when it comes to character development in this book and like the other rock chick books, some new colorful characters have entered the fray once more.  By the end of this series I swear that group is going to be 50 deep and that’s before anyone starts having children.  The details in this book were unbelievable, I felt like Luke’s loft defined Luke’s personality so completely and just added to the realness of his character.  The same can definitely be said for Ava and her house that she herself fixed up and is so much a part of her. 


Cons
          I've said it once I’m gonna say it again.  I want a break from the norm!!! All these books take the same path, where guy claims girl and girl denies it for three quarters of the book.  I want a story to break the mold and the characters either get together at the very end, or just are together from the beginning!  The constant denial and the back and forth gets tiring especially when you’re reading all these books in a row one right after the other.  The two men fighting in this book was a little bit of a break from the other books but not completely I need more variety in my life!! 

          Ava is a little less annoying with the continuous back and forth with her inner monologue and I appreciate that, but damn these girls make me want to slap them across the face and scream “Snap out of it!” like I’m Cher in Moonstruck!! It’s annoying and repetitive and it makes the female leads less likable and as a female reading a book I want to absolutely LOVE them.


Overall
         
       Great book, pretty good story, hot sex scenes, great characters; basically everything you love and expect from a Kristen Ashley book.  Luke and Mace are my favorite of the Hot Bunch, so I was really excited when I got to his book.  This one didn't have as dramatic ending as Rock Chick Renegade which is fine because I had a heart attack while reading that one.  If you love Vance and Jules their story continues a little in this book and you some really great moments between the two of them.  The ending was kind of funny more than heart pounding which is fine because there was definitely some great heart pounding scenes in the middle and towards the end of the book.  Great pace, I never really felt like there was a lull in the story and there is a little bit of a kicker at point when they go looking for one of Ava’s ex-boyfriends.    Lee and Ava had a really great moment in this book, and I really like the friendship they form with each other.  Like all Kristen Ashley books I laugh, I cried and then I laughed some more!      

No comments:

Post a Comment