Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Laura’s Review of Found In You (Fixed #2) by Laurelin Paige

If you loved Bad Things by R.K. Lilley, Collide by Gail McHugh, and Beauty From Pain by Georgia Cates



Basic Summary:  Alayna Withers has only had one kind of relationship: the kind that makes her obsessive and stalker-crazy.  Now that Hudson Pierce has let her into his heart, she’s determined to break down the remaining walls between them so they can build a foundation that’s based on more than just amazing sex.  Except Hudson’s not the only one with secrets.
                With their pasts pulling them into a web of unfounded mistrust.  Alayna turns to the one person who knows Hudson best—Celia, the woman he almost married.  Hoping for insight from someone who understand all sides of the story, Alayna forms a bond with Celia that goes too far—revealing things about Hudson that could end their love for good.
                This is the first relationship where Alayna hasn’t spiraled out of control.  And she might lose Hudson anyway…


What I Love About This Book:   The book picks up almost right where the first book left, and opens with a very sexy and hot scene that immediately sucks you right in.  There are a lot of players in this book, and it’s hard to know Alayna can trust and who she can’t and for me that’s what hooks me to a story. 

                There were a couple bombs at the end of this book, and even a couple laugh out loud moments.  I love that Laurelin uses amazeballs, because I use that term all the time even though I know I sound ridiculous.  Alayna becomes even more lovable in this book, and I craved every moment Alayna and Hudson were together.  The sex scenes were amazing, and it’s hard for me to choose which ones were my favorites.  Definitely loved the one that end, very very hot!!!   

                This was definitely a roller coaster book, with a lot highs and a lot of lows.  My heart was breaking for Alayna at a certain point, and that is always good sign for me because it shows me just how into a book I am if I’m as devastated as the character.  There were a couple surprises that I guessed in book one, but for the unsuspecting reader they are pretty big.  I don’t like to give spoilers for endings, but I’m glad her brother turned out to not be a total asshole at the end.



Cons: I feel like because this is the second book in this series, and that I’m swept up more with the love story that the lack of details doesn’t bother me as much.  But the lack of details kind of still exists. For example when describing Hudson’s apartment, there was more detail there than in the last book but still I could have used more.   I know that most of the apartment was very open and there was floor to ceiling windows, but that’s kind of it, I don’t really know the décor of the place what his furniture looks like in most of the rooms.  The only room I could really picture in my head perfectly was his library other than that; it was just left up to the reader to assume.  Like I’ve said before, for me those details are important for the character development so I get annoyed when they are skimmed over.



Overall:  Great continuation of story.  There were a couple laugh out loud moments for me, and I appreciated the 50 shades reference.  I wasn’t completely shocked about how the whole plot played out, I guessed right from the beginning where the plot was going with Celia and Alayna.  Even the big bomb at the end I guessed last book, I don’t know why I knew, I think I’ve read too many Dan Brown books.  But like I said great story, Alayna and Hudson are awesome characters, very compelling and very attachable kind of people.  I don’t know if I hold up to the same regard as Christian and Ana because they hold a special place in my heart for starting this all.  The sex scenes are awesome, there are lots of them to choose from as to which one is your favorite.  Definitely loved the ending, and can’t wait for Forever With You(Publication is Jan. 2014) !!!!  If you go to Laurelin Paige’s Goodreads page there is a Forever With You teaser.  

No comments:

Post a Comment