Thursday, October 31, 2013

Laura's Review of The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro #3) by Nora Roberts

If you love Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis,  The Bachelor by Carly Phillips, and Barefoot in the Sand by Roxanne St. Claire then you will love this book!!!!!





Basic Summary:  Ryder is the hardest Montgomery brother to figure out – with tough-as-nails outside and possibly nothing too soft underneath.  He’s surly and unsociable, but he straps on a tool belt, no woman can resist his sexy swagger.  Except, apparently, Hoe Beaumont, the innkeeper of his own Inn Boonsboro…
As the former manager of a D.C. hotel, Hope is used to excitement and glamour, but that doesn’t mean she can’t appreciate the joys of small-town living.  She’s where she wants to be-except for in her love life.  Her only interaction with the opposite sex has been sparring with the infuriating Ryder, who always seems to get under her skin.  Still, no one can deny the electricity that crackles between them…a spark that ignited with a New Year’s Eve kiss.
While the inn is running smoothly, thanks to Hope’s experience and unerring instincts, her big-city past is about to make an unwelcome – and embarrassing – appearance.  Seeing Hope vulnerable stirs up Ryder’s emotions and makes him realize that while Hope may not be perfect, she just might be perfect for him…


Inn Boonsboro 
What I Love About This Book:  First off I would just like to say I love Nora Roberts, and I feel if you love contemporary romance then you HAVE to read at least one of her books.  I’m a huge of her In Death series and this series as well.  She is a staple when it comes to romances, and if it wasn’t for authors like her or Danielle Steele we wouldn’t have Fifty Shades of Grey, or the Crossfire series. 

          I love this series for so many reasons, but probably the number one reason is that this place, Inn Boonsboro, is real.  It’s a real Inn that Nora Roberts and her husband own, and every detail that is described in the book actually exists.  You can feel just how much love went into the Inn with every page that Nora writes in this book.  It’s so great to have a reference when the details of rooms and The Library, and the porch because you just go on the internet and actually see these things come to life.  Going and staying at this place is officially on my bucket list. 

Penthouse bedroom
          Another thing I love about these books and the series in general is that the ghost in this book is not scary at all.  I am a believer of ghosts and they scare the crap out of me, but Lizzy in this series is a constant companion to not only the characters but the reader as well.  Nora has a way of creating characters that you can instantly fall in love with and Hope is no different.  There are tons of women out there who have had their heart broken, and know just where Hope is coming from when she decides to take the job of Inn manager.  The person in this book that is hard to love is Ryder Montgomery, because for this entire series he acts like he has a huge stick up his ass, and does not like Hope at all.  Which a part of me loves, but to me a great book is that evokes emotions whether negative or positive, a bad book is one you read and there is no emotion whatsoever.  Ryder might make me hate him at first but I’m okay with that, because by the end of the book I was totally head over heels in love with him!


Eve and Roarke bathroom
Cons:  There wasn’t tons of drama in this book, and I thrive on drama in stories.  There was some, a good scene that involved a wee bit of a cat fight.  But other than that it was hearts and flowers, and as much as I love hearts and flowers I want some heart break and irrational emotions as well! 



Overall:  I love Nora Roberts; I can’t picture the romance genre without her! I love that the Inn Boonsboro is real, and it’s going to straight to my bucket list to spend a night there before I die!  I love the Montgomery brothers; I can’t get enough of them.  I love the banter between the brothers as well, it definitely lead me to some actual laugh out loud moments while reading this book.  The love story with Eliza and Billy was heart wrenching and so bitter sweet among the current and beautiful love story between Ryder and Hope.  If you’re looking for a nice, clean, love story than this is the book for you!!! 


Wesley and Buttercup Bathtub

No comments:

Post a Comment