Monday, January 6, 2014

Laura’s Review of Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley



If you love Perfection (Neighbor from Hell #2) by R.L. Mathewson, Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun, and Cage (Corps Security) by Harper Sloan


Basic Summary
        
       
 Jet McAlister has a secret, Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention Eddie’s just plain hot).  Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie’s interested.  Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat.  Since Eddie’s a cop, he figures he can help.  Since Jet’s used to solving everyone’s problems she doesn't want Eddie’s help.

        Throw in a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner.  Jet’s ne’er do well father, ne’er do well friend Bear.  Bear’s long-suffering, chain- smoking wife Lavonne and the crew from Rock Chick and you’ve got Rock Chick Rescue.

        Rock Chick Rescue takes you on a wild ride with Jet, Eddie and the gang as they wrestle bad guys in a bagel shop, hit Denver’s backstreet poker tables (with big hair) and help strippers at Smithie’s take down a would-be murderer. 

        Through this, Jet’s got to learn that even when life made you give up your dreams, you can still end up with the (hot) guy.  Eddie’s got to rescue Jet from a bad man (so he can do better things with her) and teach her that some dreams can come true.



What I Love About This Book

        First off I've always had a thing for men in uniform, especially cops so thank you Jet for falling in love with one.  Second, this book is freaking awesome.  Like the first Rock Chick book, this is filled to the gills with action and never has a dull moment.    

        I just love Jet so much, there isn't a part of this book that I don’t want to reach out and hug her.  Although there are a couple times where I want to shake her because she just needed to shut up and let Eddie love her, because I love me some Eddie Chavez!!!! Eddie is just so great in this story, after Lee and Indy getting together I really wanted Eddie to find someone for himself.  He’s a great character, and his family is awesome.  I love how his mother just steam rolls over him when she wants something, and it shows just how important family is to him.  Jet is such a strong female character, and I know there tons of children out there that take care of their parent’s every single day and I applaud them because I don’t know I would’ve been able to hold it all together like she does.  There are so many times where I just wanted Jet to bitch slap her father across the face and start screaming at him for being such a horrible father and a complete asshole.  Although there some touching moments that revolve around her relationship with her father and her mother, I still wanted to slap him! 


        It’s great to get some new characters in this book as well; I just adore Daisy so much.  She is the example of a woman having a horrible life but coming out the other side of it a successful happy person.  She doesn’t let her past get her down, and she isn’t ashamed of it or tries to hide it from people.  Daisy is probably a character I admire the most.  


Cons
        
         As much as I love Jet and I do, I just wish she had more of a back bone in certain situations.  It was hard for me to understand why she never asked her sister Lottie for some financial help when it came to her mother’s medical bills.  I get she thought she could take care of it herself and that was the way she grew up, but I just wanted to shake her or slap her and yell “snap out of it”!  Her avoiding Eddie got a little much after a while and I just wanted to say we get it already stop fighting him and say thank you dammit!! If someone acted that ungrateful when I did something nice for them I would put them in their place pretty quickly.  Also her mother kind of got on my nerves a little at certain points, not really listening to Jet and embarrassing her, but I get it is part of Jet and her mother’s relationship so I will leave it alone. 

Overall
         
     
   Great story, great characters, and great sex scenes!!!! I love that Eddie Chavez doesn’t give up and when he wanted Jet he went for it full throttle.  Tex once again his awesome in this book and had me cracking up constantly, I’m so happy he has a little bit of a love interest as well.  I love Jet and Eddie together, and I can’t wait to learn more about their future together.  This book is just full of so many twists and turns, and actions that I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading this book.  There were times this book brought tears to my eyes, then there were times I was hysterically laughing, and that’s just what I love about Kristen Ashley books.  Her books are so real and heartfelt and you can’t appreciate the sweet with some of the bitter, Jet has had a hard row most of her life so it was so great to see people gather around her and support her.  Indy and Ally are awesome characters, and I know their friendship with Jet will only get stronger from here on out.  The sexual chemistry between the two is hot hot hot, and there is definitely not shortage of fireworks between the two. Great book!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment