Sunday, January 5, 2014

Laura’s Review of Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley


If you love More Than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1) by Elle Aycart, Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3) by R.L. Mathewson, and Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton then you will LOVE this book!!!!!


Basic Summary

         Indy Savage, cop’s daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old.  No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up.  Now Indy’s employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him.  When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help.  Complicating matters, Lee has decided he’s interested, Indy’s decided she’s not.  But she can’t seem to keep Lee out of her life when she’s repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she’s finding dead bodies).

            Indy’s best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee.  Lee’s challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart.



What I Love This Book

           First off I cannot put into words how much I love Kristen Ashley; she is just so freaking amazing!!! Before I started reading this series I had read Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) and Lee was mentioned in this book and couple others in this series I became intrigued with Lee Nightingale and his crew.  Never did I imagine that my curiosity lead me to a series that I would quickly fall head over heels in love with. 

            I love Indy and Lee, they are so damn cute together.  There were so many times that Indy had me cracking up talking about all her past schemes with her best friend Ally and how they would get in trouble and Lee would be the person to help them out.  I loved how sure Lee is about Indy, and that no matter what she says he just plows right through her walls and tells her how it’s going to be from now. 

            Not only are Lee and Indy awesome, but the supporting characters like Tex, Ally, and Duke are just as rock and roll.  Tex had me in in hysterics any time he entered a scene and I can’t get enough of him.  Duke is like the surrogate father of Fortnum’s and kind of looks after the happenings no matter how crazy they may be.

           
          The character development in this book was right on, and I didn't feel like the plot got watered down by too many details, or didn't provide enough.  I love how Lee’s description of his apartment reflects him as a person and the same for Indy.  It’s so easy to imagine their houses and see how their environment adds to their personalities, making a whole person rather than some fictional character that is hard to relate to. 


Cons

            Epilogue much?  What I love about Kristen Ashley is her awesome epilogues but this doesn’t come with one.  I get that this is the first in a very big series, so maybe the epilogue would give too many hints to the future but still dammit I want an epilogue!!! I hope the rest of the series shows Lee and Indy’s future including marriage and hopefully children!  I need more Indy and Lee!!!!





Overall

         This book is action packed; I couldn't put this one down!! Who knew someone could get kidnapped three times in a matter of a week?  The pace of the book is great, and it’s an easy read.  I never felt like there lulls in the plot and I was able to finish this book in two days.  I love Indy as a female lead she’s strong willed and stubborn, which makes for some pretty hilarious scenes.  Lee is freaking sexy I can’t enough of him and I can’t wait to read the rest of this series.  This is a great first book to this series as well, it sets the scene and mood of what is to come.  It’s only fitting to Liam Nightingale be the first bad boy in this series since the rest of it includes the men he employs, family, or best friends.  Great way to set up an awesome series that include hot men, sexy women, and rock and roll!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment