Monday, December 9, 2013

Lauren's Review of Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) by Laura Kaye

Summary: Tall, dark, and lethal...Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome--pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.  With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees. Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge...

Rating: 4.5 Stars

What I Loved: I love hot sexy army men with tattoos!! Can't get any better than that!! But that is not all this book has.  It has a great story line as well!  I enjoyed this book so much that I am actually looking forward to the second and for me, that is impressive considering the second book is about another character in the book (I have a hard time reading sequels about other characters from the original book...don't ask).  I have read Laura Kaye before and it was ok but I am super impressed with this book. I cannot say enough good stuff about Hard As It Gets. 

This book is full of action and keeps you entertained from start to finish. All of the characters are loveable and fun. I wouldn't mind hanging out with this group. Nick and Becca have my heart. I love the way he falls for her and how he tries to hold himself back while I love how u
nderstanding she is and how brave and strong she is throughout the book. I am looking forward to book two!

Cons: I have to wait for the next one.

Hot Scenes: "Because I want to make you hold onto that bag while I bury myself into you so hard and so don't deep you don't know your own name."Ooooh ok sounds good to me :)


Next Read: The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment