Monday, December 9, 2013

Laura’s Review of Beautiful Bitch (Beautiful Bastard, #1.5) by Christina Lauren



Basic Summary:  Picking up where Beautiful Bastard left off, Chloe Mills and Bennett Ryan continue their steamy, combative relationship.

                Just when Chloe’s career starts to take off, Bennett wishes it would all slow down long enough to spend a wild night alone with his girlfriend.  But after he refuses to take no for an answer, Chloe and Bennett find themselves with two plane tickets, on French Villa, and a surprising conversation that, predictably, leaves  them wrestling under the covers.



What I Love About This Book:  I love that we get more Bennett and Chloe!!! I also love that this story is a year later but it goes back in time a bunch of times so you get certain scenes that pick up right where Beautiful Bastard ended.  And those were some hot scenes, so I am definitely not complaining!!! I love that even though this is a short story it’s still filled with a bunch of sex scenes from beginning to end.  This book kind of fills in the gap between Beautiful Bastard and Beautiful Stranger, and because of that kind of includes the characters of that book in this one so it gives this series a more solid flow from one book to the next.  I also love that we get to see what kind of relationship has developed over the past year, what their everyday rhythm has become and what their future plans are.  It’s so great to see that the passion and fire between them hasn’t died AT ALL.  Also of course I love the panty ripping!! Can’t have a story with these two characters without underwear being torn apart!!!



Cons:  I don’t really have a lot of cons, my only one is and I don’t think I’ve ever complained about this; I hate the cover of this book!!! I don’t think I’m understand the stance the person on the cover is supposed to be taking and why her legs are apart like that.  It’s not very sexy for a woman to stand like that and not natural either.



Overall:  This is a great short story, it’s about 100 pages and it’s an easy read.  If you want more Bennett and Chloe after finishing Beautiful Bastard, then this is the book for you.  I like how it leads into Beautiful Stranger as well, involving Sara’s life before she moved to New York, and Max’s bachelorhood as well.  Also it was so great to read about Chloe and Bennett visiting Max’s home in France that you hear a lot about in Beautiful Stranger.  Even though this is a short story it is not without a lot of hotttttttttt sex scenes, and when it comes to Bennett and Chloe you can’t expect any less.  The ending had me cracking up and for these two characters it couldn’t have ended any better!! I love this series so much, every character in this book is written so wonderfully, full of character development and those little details that make you fall head over heels in love with these people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment