Sunday, July 23, 2017

Laura’s Review of Two is a Lie (Tangled Lies, #2) By Pam Godwin


Synopsis
Two lies.
Two men who don’t share.

I never stopped loving Cole. Not when he left me. Not when he disappeared for three years. Not when he crashed back into my life in a violent explosion of testosterone and fury.
His sudden reappearance questions everything I thought I knew, including how I came to love another man.

Trace is an intoxicating breeze of seduction over ice. My rock. My second chance at forever.
And he’s committed to annihilating the competition.

The battle that ensues wrenches me back and forth between them.
Fighting and fucking.
Resisting and submitting.

Together, they entangle me in a web of lies, rivalry, and desire that weaves as deeply as their devotion to me.

I love two men, and if I can only have one, I choose none.

The TANGLED LIES series must be read in order.
One is a Promise
Two is a Lie
Three is a War 


What I Loved
        Wow, well where do I begin because there was so much I loved about this book I just want to spit it all out but then this review wouldn’t make any sense lol.  Okay first, Two is a Lie picks up the second One is a Promise ends; Danni coming to grips with the fact that the fiancé she thought was dead isn’t and the fiancé she currently is engaged to not only lied to her but used to be best friends with the once dead fiancé.  Sounds like a soap opera, I know, and much like General Hospital the story has gripped my heart and made me an addict.  It’s been a long time since a story has left me thinking about it weeks later and truly not knowing how all of this will end. 

        With Cole, back in Danni’s life all those feelings Danni thought she left behind come roaring back to life but so do a lot of questions that he’s not willing to answer.  I think because of Cole’s vagueness about his absence and having that feeling he wasn’t being completely honest with Danni it was hard for me to completely love him like I do Trace.  But I loved the sexual tension that crackled around him and Danni every time they laid eyes on each other.  Also, I loved Danni’s willingness to put herself out there as honestly as she could be for both men to at least try to some type of decision.  There were no walls that Danni put up to protect her heart from both men and that fact made the emotions in the book very real and raw.


Not So Much
        I don’t have any huge complaints about the book overall, it was beautifully written and captured my attention from beginning to end.  I will say that I felt like Trace got the raw end of the deal in this one, but I physically hate criticizing plots because how an author chooses a story to go is their prerogative.

To Sum It All Up!
     
   Overall, I was so happy to be sucked back up into this world of seduction, sex, lies and secrets.  The minute Cole shows up on Danni’s driveway, I knew everything would be turned on its head and it was! From there, story went down my different paths and I loved that I really didn’t know what would happen next.  It was humbling to watch Danni go down this road of discovery to try to figure out who her one true love is, or if she even has just one.  I loved watching her form a new relationship with Cole, while trying to salvage her existing one with Trace.  The story definitely takes a turn I didn’t see coming towards the end and then of course there is a huge cliffhanger so get ready people!!! I’m still sitting here reeling from the bombshells that were dropped, and I had tears in my eyes when Danni’s world fell apart.  I am hypnotized by this series and I cannot wait until Three is a War is released.

Purchase Today

No comments:

Post a Comment