Saturday, June 10, 2017

Laura’s Review of One is a Promise (Tangled Lies, #1) By Pam Godwin


Synopsis
One promise.
One forever.

One look and I knew Cole was mine. My dark rebel in leather. My powerhouse of passion, devastating smiles, and impulsiveness.

When his job sends him overseas, he promises to return to me.
A promise that’s destroyed in the most irrevocable way.

Two years later, an arrogant suit invades my heartbroken loneliness.

Clean-cut and stern, Trace is everything Cole wasn’t.
At first, he’s a job that will rescue my dance company. But as he intrudes on my life, our hostile relationship evolves.
He knows I’m still in love with Cole, but his dedication is my undoing.

Then a catastrophic moment changes everything.

Promises resurface.
Lies entangle.
And an impossible choice shatters my world.

I love two men, and I can only have one.

What I Loved
It’s rare that I find a story that takes my breath away the way One is a Promise did.  They’re truly are no words to describe how enchanting this story was from the very first page.  The book opens with Danni trying to get back into the dating game, and from that moment it’s easy to see just how broken this woman is.  As the story continues you learn not only has her heart been broken, but in the process her life blown to pieces as well. 

Danni’s free spirit personality will reel you in and make you love her more then you ever thought possible to love a book character.  She lives her life by her own terms and says whatever is on her mind.  Danni is my spirit my animal is every way shape or form, I envy her bravery and spunky attitude, there are so many times she put a smile on my face while I was reading.  When music plays she feels it in every fiber of her being and that passion pours through on stage for all to see.  I loved when she first meets the mysterious Trace Savoy she doesn’t put up with his self-righteous shit and domineering attitude. 

Trace Savoy on so many times left me needing more, he takes mysterious rich alpha male to the next level and I loved every minute of it.  The second he walks onto the scene I wanted more of him, and every time he lays on Danni you can feel the electricity and it sucks you in as the reader.  The back and forth between them kept me addicted to every single word and my heart was pounding when it all come to a head.  At first, you’re not quite sure what to make of Trace but when you see his devotion to Danni, you’ll fall head over heels for him just as much as Danni does.  I loved the passion he shows towards Danni and the sex scenes are scorching!


Not So Much
        I literally have nothing to complain about! I loved this book in every possible way.

To Sum It All Up!
        I haven’t had such a horrible book hangover in a very long time.  The ending blew me away and I kept thinking about it days later.  I don’t know whether to be heartbroken, elated, upset, mad, happy, or just plain flummoxed, so I think I’ll be all those emotions times five.  If you’re not a fan of cliffhangers then fare warning wait for the other books in this series to come out before you begin this one.

       I really liked that the book switched from past to present, so you could feel Danni’s emotions right along with her and you truly do.  When her world comes crashing down on her, as the reader I was crushed right along with her.  This story devastated me on so many levels and I loved every single second of it.  Danni is such a unique character that you can’t help but love her and be hooked to her story.  She says and does things that you can only dream about in real life and because of that she puts a smile on your face, but when her heart breaks yours as well.  I’m literally counting down the seconds till Two is a Lie comes out.  Pam Godwin has certainly outdone herself on the awesome scale! 

Purchase Today

No comments:

Post a Comment