Thursday, May 19, 2016

Laura’s Review of Irrefutable (The Apprehensive Duet, #2) By Kimberly Bracco

Synopsis
Quinn Taylor had a plan, and it didn’t include Alex Conway.

With Quinn’s decisions no longer her own, and her life spinning out of control; she’s not sure about anything she once believed in. But, Alex has found something to believe in – Quinn. He knows what life is like without her and it’s a life he no longer wants to live.

Just when it seems things can’t get any worse, chaos ensues leaving them both out of time and out of options. Should Alex try for Quinn’s love without a guarantee in sight? Will Quinn be able to marry one man, to save herself, while knowing it will destroy the one man who truly loves her? Their lives are about to be flipped upside down – one way or another.

Will they have the strength to work against life’s obstacles and find true happiness together? Can Alex get Quinn to see she’s about to make a huge mistake? Can he show her a side of love that’s irrefutable?
What I Loved
          After the cliffhanger from Fallacy I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Irrefutable and find out what decision Quinn makes!  I’m not going to give anything away but you do get answer almost immediately so you’re not left hanging for too long.  Alex and Quinn have been on quite the adventure together and that adventure gets better and better in this book!

          I think what I really loved about this book was that I truly didn’t know how Quinn was going to get out from under the pile shit that has been piling on top of her.  I love unpredictable stories because you never know which way the story is going to go, it completely hooks you and you can’t stop reading.  For the past couple nights, I kept on saying to myself just one more chapter because I needed to know what was going to happen next.

         The chemistry between Alex and Quinn is very much alive which made for some very steamy sex scenes. Plus, I loved the character development of Quinn, I think out of all the characters in this story she changed and grew the most.  Quinn went through some pretty tough times and watching her regain her strength and grow a backbone again was really enjoyable.  I love kickass female leads and Quinn was truly that in every way.   

Not So Much
          I did really love reading this book, but there were times I felt like all the romantic crap was just a little bit too mushy for me.  I know I might seem hypocritical because duh, I read a ton of romance novels.  But when you layer in a lot of mushiness to me the story takes on an unrealistic vibe and goes off the rails a little.  For me, the romance was laid on a little fake the plot did feel fake and just too sappy.  There wasn’t a ton of times this happened just certain instances and I got over it pretty quickly, but that’s just my own qualm about romances.

To Sum It All Up!
          Overall this was a great conclusion to a wonderful love story! Fallacy laid out a really great foundation that left me hanging, Irrefutable picked it up immediately and carried the plot beautifully to the end.  Also, there was a ton of details and descriptions as well, which really added to the depth of the story and gave me a clear picture of the characters and their background. 

          There was definitely a lot of ups and down as the story moved along, not only having to do with Alex and Quinn, but Quinn and her father as well.  My eyes were bugging out of my head at certain points, not being able to put my kindle down. 

          Also, I loved the character of Alex so much, he was truly the knight in shining armor in so many ways!  He’s so patient and understanding with Quinn, and stayed when so many other men would’ve walked away.  Alex and Quinn are true sole mates and I loved watching them fight for their relationship when so much crap was going on around them.  Obviously since this is the last book in this series, there is a happily ever after so don’t worry people no more cliffhangers!  Just a heartwarming ending that will leave a bright smile on your face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment