Friday, October 2, 2015

Laura’s Review of King (King, #1) by T.M. Frazier



Synopsis
Homeless, hungry and desperate enough to steal, Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.

A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.

King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go.

Warning: This book contains graphic violence, consensual and nonconsensual sex, drug use, abuse, and other taboo subjects and adult subject matter.


What I Loved
          I’m not sure where to begin because I freaking loved this book so much! I love dark graphically violent dramas on my TV and in my books and King definitely fit the bill! Right away you grasp the savageness of King’s character and the complete despair of Doe.  There was always this darkness and edge to King that made me a little scared of him but completely intrigued at the same time.  I couldn’t put this book down because I absolutely needed to know what was going to happen next.

          Right away there is this sizzling tension between King and Doe, and each time they would get close to ripping each other’s clothes off my heart would begin to race in a very good way.  There was so much going on in this story every single page had me completely captivated and by the end I had tears in my eyes and NEEDING to get my hands on the next book.


Not So Much
          I felt like there were instances in the story where the scene deserved a little bit more follow through.  Things would just end and the story would move onto the next chapter or scene when I felt like there should’ve been a little bit more.  Not so much that things were left unanswered because I expect that when there is another book in the series, but just not thorough enough.


To Sum It All Up!
         

         King immediately sucked me in and left me wanting more, I found myself wanting to read this story above anything else.  Doe is this girl that you instantly want to save, and King even though he’s rough around the edges you want him to be happy.  There were so many times that I was crying, especially towards the end.  I’m not going to give anything away but I’m pretty sure my heart broke three times while reading.  There is a ton going on this story with a freaking HUGE cliffhanger that will leave you with your jaw on the ground.  The chemistry between King and Doe sizzled off the pages and I loved watching them discover each other and their feelings for one another.  Every part of this story was freaking amazing and I can’t wait to start reading Tyrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment