Sunday, November 20, 2016

Laura’s Review of Amore: Part 2 (Amore, #2) By Bella Jewel

Synopsis
Run.
He told me to run. So I ran.
It turns out just because you run from something, doesn’t mean it can’t find you.
He’s coming for me.
He wants what I hold closest.
He wants to lie, manipulate and use me.
He wants me to betray him.
Rafael.
Leader of the Italian Mafia.
Love of my life.
Father of my child.
He’s going to make me do the unthinkable.
There is no way out.
I’m trapped and about to make the biggest mistake of my life.
I’m running full throttle towards an oncoming train, and there isn’t a single thing I can do to stop it.
I’m going to become what I was most afraid of.
A monster. 
What I Loved
Amore: Part Two picks up several months after the first one ends; Julietta has found herself and her family in a very precarious position.  My heart was instantly sucked back into her plight because of how suspenseful everything was from the very beginning.  All Julietta wanted was to take care of her baby and save her family but Ricardo makes this impossible for her. Plus, all those emotions she felt for Rafael come roaring back the minute they see each other again proving the feelings they felt for one another was very real.

        There is so much drama going on throughout the entire book and I loved it because I couldn’t wait till it all boiled over. Rafael is still the head of the mafia and trying to figure out who the traitor is in his crew and I loved watching Julietta struggling with that knowledge.  I couldn’t put this book down till the very end because I just needed to know how it was all going to turn out.
Not So Much
        From reading the first book I was expecting a lot more from this one.  I felt like a lot was sacrificed just to tell the plot rather than pay attention to the details and stay consistent to the story.  I loved that the Joker’s Wrath MC was involved as well as Marcus, but don’t they all live and work in Australia?  Why all of sudden was Marcus’ house in Chicago and the MC just happened to be chilling on the other side of the world?  If you’re going to do things like, then you at least should add in more plot to support this storyline rather than create bigger holes in the story.  For me, this just kept on happening throughout the story, so many details were skipped over and storylines were dropped just for the sake of ending the story.

I was so disappointed by the time I got to the end because the entire is a little over 130 pages and deserved to be a lot longer giving the overall plot a lot more depth and foundation.  I get that this the second part in a series but that doesn’t mean the story doesn’t need its own foundation to build on and details to back it up and this story lacked both of those immensely. 
To Sum It All Up!

        Overall, I was happy all those emotions I experienced while reading the first book came roaring back while reading this one.  The chemistry between Rafael and Julietta was evident the minute they laid eyes on each other. No matter what plans Ricardo had for either of them the love they shared for one another would overpower those plans in the end.  When everything finally hit the fan, my jaw was on the floor and I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next.  There is a ton of suspense in this one so get ready for that.

        I was disappointed with the writing in this book overall.  Like I said before I felt like a lot of the details and depth to the plot was sacrificed just to tell the story and finish it all up.  There were so many inconsistencies and plot holes I started to lose count and I became frustrated very quickly on how so many storylines became meaningless and glossed over.  On top of that the ending felt rushed to me and not followed through properly, I didn’t feel like there was a good conclusion to everything.  I was very disappointed with this book compared to the first one, it needed at least another 100 pages to make it the story is truly deserved to be.
Purchase Today


No comments:

Post a Comment