Saturday, March 28, 2015

Laura's Review of Change of Hart by M.E. Carter


Synopsis
My name is Jason Hart.

As the best defensive lineman in the country, I eat, sleep and breathe football. And I like it that way. I’ve only got a few more years before I’ll have to retire, so expending energy on anything other than football seems like a waste of time.

That is, until I have a random meeting with a little boy who just lost his father. We have more in common than you might think and it creates an unlikely bond. As our friendship grows, so do my feelings for his mother.

I know Addison, as a recent widow, isn’t ready to date again. But I want to get to know her better, in spite of all her rejections.

Is it possible that I, a self-proclaimed bachelor, could be having a Change of Hart?


What I Loved
          This was a cute easy read filled with some sexy moments and as well as endearing ones.  The entire story was from Jason’s point of view which was refreshing because most books are from the female’s point of view or switch back and forth.  The book begins with Jason doing a favor for his friend Lindsay by attending a pep rally at a local story, when a little boy runs up to Jason and immediately captured his (and mine) heart.  Jaxon had lost his father, who was his hero and immediately you fall in love with this little boy and his cute smile and big heart. Jaxon is what made me instantly become engrossed in this story. Jason Hart himself wasn’t too hard to love as well, he rapidly felt a connection to this little boy and just wanted to make him happy, which in turn made me fall in love with Jason.  When he lays his eyes on Addison, it’s an instant attraction, a feeling he’s never had before and it was wonderful watching him fall head over heels in love her. 

          It takes a while to crack Addison’s shell, but she was always a character that was easy to relate to and once you do get her full story you completely understand where she is coming from.  I loved how much Jason loved Addison, and just wanted to spend all his time with her and Jaxon.  Not only do you get to enjoy Addison and Jason but the secondary characters definitely added to the plot in a lot of fun ways.  Lindsay herself is quite the character but her daughter in a particular scene takes the cake, which had me literally laughing out loud.  There were so many great scenes some very cute, while others very sexy I don’t think I can pick just one that is my favorite!


Not So Much
          This was such a wonderful story, the plot was written well the character development and foundation was right on point.  But I wish there was more details added into the story.  I really don’t have a clue what Addison’s house looks like, there were some details but very minimal.  The same goes for Jason’s apartment, Jaxon’s school, the locker room or gym where Jason and Deuce work out all the time.  I just like when things are described in lengthy detail because it adds to the overall plot of a story helping me to become more engrossed. 


To Sum It All Up!
        
            If you’re looking for a cute feel good romance and some football sprinkled in then this is the story for you.  I was instantly hooked on Jason Hart, there is very little not to love about this dude and my admiration for him grew as the story continued.  The attraction to Addison was instantaneous and it was so wonderful to watch Jason and Addison fall in love and to watch Jason and Jaxon develop such a special friendship.  There was a couple laugh out loud moments throughout the book as well as some sexy ones which made the story that much better.  I’m a huge football fanatic so I always enjoy romances with football players and this one was definitely no exception!

No comments:

Post a Comment