Monday, February 23, 2015

Laura’s Review of Treasure Your Love (Surrender Your Love, #3) by J.C. Reed



Synopsis
Meeting Jett was like a drug. Dangerous. Addictive. And better forbidden. In his game, there’s a high price to be paid. But how much is too much?



Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, was never in love until she met the green eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god, Jett. The man to whom she surrendered. The man who hurt her once only to conquer her heart again.




Sexy, handsome, and arrogant Jett Mayfield knows he has found his match. Brooke is like no other woman he’s ever met and he has every intention of keeping her in his bed.

Their future seems full of promise...until the past is catching up with them and dark secrets threaten to destroy their lives. Soon they realize that to love means to lose, and some choices are harder than others.

When everything comes crashing down, can mistakes be amended…or will he lose her forever?

A woman who surrendered to love.

A man who would do anything to protect her.

Two lives that are about to be tested…and the last secrets laid bare.

What I Loved
          Well, to begin with this book is full of crazy action and suspense and I couldn’t get enough of it! There was so much stuff going on that I had no idea how this was going to end to for everyone.  We pick back up with Jett and Brooke back in New York, still trying to unravel the mystery that is The Club and what this all means for Brooke’s future as well as Jett’s.  Jett and Brooke are definitely more settled in this story and I’m kind of glad they are over the constant back and forth and questioning although there is a little bit of that.  The sexiness that is Jett Mayfield is alive and well, and we get plenty of naked Jett and I was very happy about that!

          Things do come crashing down around them at a certain point, and I just prayed the entire time they just made it through together and alive.  Brooke gets put into am impossible positions and my heart shattered for her, there some hard decisions that had to be made and I can honestly say as much I hated them I completely still stood behind her. I don’t want to give anything away but I will say this story takes a crazy twist at a certain point and trust me you won’t be able to put the book down.  I love action and drama so I really enjoyed reading this one.


Not So Much
          There was a lot of action in this installment of the series, and I loved that about this book but I kind of wish maybe it was a little bit more drawn out.  When the story takes a dramatic twist it’s freaking awesome, but it just didn’t last very long.  This is a full novel and most of it was just about raising more questions, and if this is supposed to be the story that gives you closure I wish the twists came earlier on and lasted a bit longer to give more explanation as to the whys in the overall arc. To me because it was all over so quickly, it just wasn’t as dramatic I felt it could’ve been.

          Also, I kind of go annoyed with Brooke towards the end of this one.  Her overall negativity just became too annoying and I wanted her to shut up. I get that it’s foreshadowing and it helps to lead into the No Exceptions series but so much has happened between Jett and Brooke and at a certain point her attitude should’ve changed.  Her pessimism kind of brought down would could’ve been an extremely romantic and sweet part of the book and it felt tiring.

To Sum It All Up!
       
           I think this book was an awesome way to end a series, and while many questions were answered there are still some storylines left up in the air.  I’m okay with that knowing the next series will probably answer the remaining questions.  I absolutely love Jett and Brooke together, and I am happy that they seem to be a more solid unit after everything they went through.  There is tons of drama and at times my jaw was on the ground.  I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say that the mystery of The Club does get answered at the end, so if you are looking for resolution there you will find it.  There are no cliffhangers at the end, which means that there is a HEA of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment