Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lauren's Review of Mystery Man (Dream Man #1) by Kristen Ashley


Summary: While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. Gwen’s struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger’s best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get dead. Gwen has no clue what’s going on but she’s used to Ginger’s antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister’s biker boyfriend's doorstep. She hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping. This means Gwen’s Mystery Man, Cabe “Hawk” Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen.
Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm’s length. And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister’s troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams

Rating: 3.5

 

What I Loved: I recently discovered Kristen Ashley when I finally read one of her books, Own the Wind and all the good reviews I was seeing from my fellow bloggers and readers.  One of my hardest decisions in life (which I guess is a good thing) is trying to decide what to read next. I have almost 600 books in my TBR list and 83 are in my “need to read now” shelf and I still struggle picking up a new book.  Kristen Ashley has now become one of my go-to authors when I do not have something lined up or I am feeling stuck.  Overall, the story has a good plot that keeps you going.  I wouldn’t say I was blown away but it’s an engaging read, there were some dull moments.  The characters are entertaining and I did have a couple of chuckles throughout the book.  You can’t go wrong with an alpha male in my opinion. There is just something so hot about a dominant male telling you what to do and Kristen Ashley seems to nail that male character for me.

Not So Much: While a mystery man is one of many women’s fantasies. I cannot imagine letting a man sneak into my bedroom every couple of nights for a year and half and not get suspicious.  This ate at me throughout the story.  It just seemed kind of silly to let a man sneak into your house, fuck him good and then have him leave. It might be hot once or maybe even twice but to let that shit go on for a year and half seems kind of stupid, no? Oh, and then when he sees her in the daylight...magically falls in love in her. 




Next Read: Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers #1) by Tammy Falkner

No comments:

Post a Comment