Sunday, September 21, 2014

Laura’s Review of Obsessed (Obsessed, #1) by Deborah Bladon



If you have read and enjoyed The Arrangement: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #1) by H.M. Ward, Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James, and Promised (One Night, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas then you will LOVE this story!

Synopsis
                Independent jewelry designer, Ivy Marlow, had it all – the man, the security and the ring. Now, all she has to her name are a broken engagement, the crushing worry of a flailing business and the haunting feeling of complete betrayal.

               The last thing Ivy expected to find attending a posh New York art show was him. Jax Walker is everything she doesn’t need but can’t resist. He’s gorgeous, brazen, unapologetic and powerful. He becomes the escape Ivy has been craving and longing for. He knows what she needs, anticipates her desires and offers it all to her, but at what price?

               What once seemed to be a chance encounter designed by fate becomes more enigmatic than the man himself. Jax is full of secrets and Ivy is about to learn that his obsession for her runs deeper and darker than she ever imagined.

What I Loved
        Well there is so much I loved about this short story.  I of course love the mysterious Jax Walker, even after finishing this story I still can’t get enough of him.  This story and probably over all series is very much along the lines of 50 Shades, with the wealthy beautiful business man and the seemingly innocent and shy female lead.  This story is strictly from Ivy’s point of view which was fine for me; I don’t think it took away from the storyline with no switching point of views.  The sexual chemistry between Ivy and Jax is instant, and eventually that leads to some pretty steamy sex scenes that had me blushing a little. 
       


Not So Much
                I felt like for this being the first in the series that the foundation for it was laid out properly.  The synopsis kind of leads you to believe that Ivy is some desperate penniless jewelry maker, and that’s not at all the case.  You kind of learn as the story unfolds that she doesn’t have the funds to free herself of things but she’s not poor either.  I felt like her past relationship with her ex-fiancé Mark, should’ve been explained in more detail to really establish Ivy as the protagonist in this series. 



This Short Story Was
                Really great!  I loved the heightened chemistry between Jax and Ivy; there is nothing like that great feeling when reading a story and your heart beat picks up the minute two characters are in the same scene together.  I definitely experienced while reading this story, and I want more.  I do wish Ivy didn’t fall into that stereotypical inexperienced female lead that so many of the women in this kind of genre are portrayed, but it’s an easy thing to get over while reading.  This story ends with a HUGE cliff hanger and I literally cannot wait to get my hands on the second story, I’ve already downloaded it and I have feeling I will finish it in one sitting because that’s how obsessed I am with Obsessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment