Thursday, August 14, 2014

Laura's Review of Unbeloved (Undeniable, #4) by Madeline Sheehan



If you have read and enjoyed Devil’s Game (Reaper’s MC, #3) by Joanna Wylde, Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2) by Kristen Ashley and Saving Dallas Forever (Saving Dallas, #3) by Kim Jones then you will LOVE this book!


Synopsis
Dorothy Kelley is a born romantic, searching for her prince. Instead she finds herself pregnant at fifteen, and in a loveless marriage by the tender age of eighteen. 

Then hope comes riding into her life on a motorcycle and within weeks, Jason “Jase” Brady, a member of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club, sweeps Dorothy off her feet.

But nothing is ever simple for Dorothy. Jase is married with children. And as Dorothy patiently waits for Jase to give her the happily-ever-after she’s been dreaming about, James “Hawk” Young, a member of the Hell’s Horsemen with secrets of his own, sees an opening into Dorothy’s life and takes it.

Carrying on two secret affairs is no easy feat. As Dorothy tries to dig herself out of the mess she’s created, covering one mistake with another, tragedy strikes, nearly costing Dorothy her life and that of her unborn son.

What follows is a long and painful journey of self-discovery and forgiveness, as Dorothy comes to realize that home was exactly where she’d left it, and the love she’d forever craved had always been within her reach.

This is the story of Dorothy, Jase, and Hawk.

We are all born pure; it is our journey that burdens us and leads us astray. Our mistakes that beat us down and cover us in guilt and shame, burying us a little more with each passing hardship. It is up to us to dig ourselves out, to come to terms with our faults, to embrace not only our imperfections but those of the ones we love, and to once again find the path we strayed from.
 

Warning:
This is not a conventional or predictable love story. It involves one woman and two men bound by a love so destructive it spans two decades, pitting brother against brother, and shattering the lives of those touched by it.



What I Loved
       
           First of all this is truly one of the most amazing series I have ever read.  Madeline Sheehan has spun this beautiful, dark, gritty, world that I just cannot get enough of.  I was so happy to FINALLY get to Dorothy, Jase, and Hawk’s story.  They’ve all been background characters so far, but it was hard to not get emotionally invested in their story even if it wasn’t from their point of view.  This begin starts the prologue with a little bit of background, laying out the ground work in a general way, which I loved because we don’t need to dwell on facts we already know but at the same time you want to foundation laid out.  The book begins about seven after Unattainable, where Dorothy and her son Christopher have been living in San Francisco, while Hawk was roaming the country has a nomad, and Jase was busy getting drunk every day.  I love that we get a progression in their story along with other stories going on around them.  Dirty and Ellie are still together, Eva and Deuce are getting older and raising their kids.  It was so exciting to see things from Dorothy’s point of view and Hawk’s as well.  I love that we finally do get closure with certain aspects of Dorothy’s life, and Jase finally starts to get his act together.  This story though made me head over heels in love with Hawk, I just can’t get enough of this man and I want more!   

Not So Much
                I absolutely LOVED this book and I have been enamored with series from book one, I wish Madeline Sheehan was able to pump these books out several times a year because I need more.  I guess the only thing that bothered me a little was that there wasn’t a lot of closure with certain storylines, or at least the summary of things that I was looking for.  Jase’s story just kind of ends, and I had expected maybe another chapter from his point of view but there was nothing.  Also when things start to finally look positive for Dorothy the story just ends as well.  The last chapter takes place seven years after the majority of the book takes place, and I felt like things were just getting started instead of ending.  I wanted more of their love.  Also the sex scenes in this one were just not as well detailed or plentiful as the other books which kind of pissed me off.



This Book Was…

                Absolutely amazing!  Each and every book brings you on a journey, and not just any journey.  It’s filled with detours, wrong turns, pot holes, and bumps.  I probably cried about three times while reading, some of them good tears, some of them sad ones, but I loved every minute of it, and I can’t wait to do it all again.  I see that Madeline Sheehan is going in a different direction with this series a little bit, by the next one being Preacher’s story.  So instead of going forward with these stories we are taking a step into the past, which is great I love that idea, but the epilogue leaves you with a HUGE cliff hanger and I am kind of pissed because it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be even addressed in the next books.  But I could be wrong (I’m very much hoping I am).  Madeline has a way of sucking you into this dark, outlaw world and instead of disgusting you, it not only intrigues you, but you never want to leave.  Such an amazing book, one I was looking forward to and was not disappointed with it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment