Saturday, May 3, 2014

Laura’s Review of The Arrangement 14: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #14) by H.M. Ward


This story unfolds over multiple volumes approximately 125 pages each. 

Basic Summary
              
           Sean Ferro is a liar.  Everything he’s ever told me melts away until only the truth remains and I don’t like what I see.  Gabe tried to warn me, but I didn’t understand the depths of Sean’s corruption until he let them take me away.  After everything we’ve been through, I’m crushed, but I refuse to accept this fate.  Screw that, I’m not dying tonight.


                
              Buy The Arrangement 14 Now

What I loved
                Finally!!!  This is probably one of my favorite in this series because we are finally getting somewhere with this story arc.  Also some questions are finally answered that have been bugging me for a very long time!  I love that not only Sean being honest with Avery about his past and his feelings, he is finally letting Avery in and attempting to break down those walls he has built up around them.

          I love that we get more of Sean’s family in this one, because it makes me want to start reading the other Ferro Family books right this minute.  I’ve read the Damaged series but now I must know each and every single one of these Ferro boys intimately.

Not So Much
             At a certain point in this book, Avery swears she’ll never leave Sean and goes on about how much she loves him.  That’s wonderful and all but once Sean makes a decisions to let down break down his walls and let Avery in, she starts to back away.  That made no sense to me whatsoever; I get that she hates his dominant side but now that he’s becoming a different person in this relationship with Avery and she promises to never leave him, she gets up and leaves.  It just wasn’t consistent with her character I felt, and was kind of pointless and tiring.  I thought we were past this back and forth between Sean and Avery, this is the 14th short story in this series and 12 of them have this constant are they, aren’t they and it’s getting annoying.  I just want them to be on somewhat solid ground and move on!



This Short Story Was….

Awesome!  This one is probably one of my favorites because I felt the direction as to where this story is going was very obvious and laid down a great foundation for where this story could go from here.  I’m so happy we got some answers where Black is concerned and Sean for that matter.  There are definitely some surprises that I LOVED throughout the story, and of course an Arrangement story wouldn't be complete without a phenomenal cliff hanger.  And this is one is doozy people so be prepared!  I’m beginning to think (well actually not beginning, I already know) that H.M. Ward is an evil genius because I can’t put this series down, it’s as addictive as my morning coffee!  


No comments:

Post a Comment