Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Laura's Review of Saving Dallas Forever (Saving Dallas, #3) By Kim Jones


If you have read and enjoyed Reaper’s Legacy (Reapers MC, #2) by Joanna Wylde, Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2) by Madeline Sheehan, and  Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) by Kristen Ashley then you will LOVE this book!!!



Basic Summary
             Dallas Knox finally has it all-a man who loves her unconditionally, a relationship with her new found sister and an MC family who has proven their loyalty time and again.  Things are looking for the CEO who has once a lonely woman filled with bitterness and resentment.  The MC life has taught her what it means to be ap art of something special.  They have broken down her walls and filled her heart with empathy and compassions, resulting in Dallas becoming a person she can be proud of.  But, when Luke is called to join forces with the Devil’s Renegades Lake Charles Chapter against another MC, Dallas will have to start all over-building relationships with a whole new group of ol’ ladies whose trust she has to earn.  Not only is Dallas battling relationships inside the club, but ghosts of her past have come to haunt her.  Will the life she has chosen be enough to keep the demons at bay? Or is the desire for forever too far out of reach?
  

First Impressions
                Okay there are no words to express the first chapter; I was literally panting fighting for air with my heart racing by the time I was done with it.  The first chapter takes place in present day with chapter two and the following ones after that starting six weeks prior, telling you the story how everything went wrong for Dallas.  I was once again immediately sucked into Dallas’ story and wondering what the hell just happened here?  I’m probably 30% through this book and I started reading about an hour ago I cannot put this freaking thing down!!! I am totally questioning everyone around Dallas not knowing who she should trust and who she should keep at a distance.  There is so much going on and you have to have a really good memory to recall how everything is connected from the beginning of this series and how all that is coming into play now.

  There is definitely a visible shift in relationships in this one which is refreshing kind of mixing it up as you go along but also kind of annoying since this has been happening since beginning of this series.  I wish the constant back and forth Dallas has with the club would be done with and I would rather move on to the more important plots and now have this I love the club one minute and the next I can’t stand them be done with. 


What I Loved
             
   Well let me just say what a way to begin a book!!! Kim Jones definitely knows how to start things off with a bang!  I’m convinced now that Kim Jones is an evil genius when it comes to this series and I want more!!! I really enjoyed this book because instead of the biker life being explained to Dallas, you get the life of an ol’ lady mapped out for you.  After reading this one I am convinced that I would be the best ol’ lady there ever was!!  I just have to find a hot sexy biker president like LLC and that should be a piece of cake; right? 

                After you finish chapter one you are instantly hooked wanting to know what the hell just happened.  Of course you eventually find out and oh boy is it good.  My stomach was in knots the entire time reading this book, I was up till one in the morning last night reading and I only stopped because my eyes were closing every five minutes.   The sex scenes in this book were out of this world amazing and the desire between Dallas and Luke was through the roof every time they even looked at each other.



Not So Much
                First of all the grammar mistakes were plentiful to the point that it took me away from really enjoying the story the way I should have.  I get that in almost every book there are some, but this one had tons of them in every chapter and it was a little annoying after a while.
 
                Second, there is a scene in this book that is just very hard for me to wrap my head around.  I read a lot of dark books where a lot of bad things happen and sometimes there are anti-heroes that do bad things that are abusive so I don’t know why I wasn’t okay with this scene all I know is that I wasn’t.  I think because to me Luke was never really this scary anti-hero to me in the rest of the series so for him to take on a new role in this book even if it was just for a scene was kind of disturbing.  I am all for BDSM relationships and I love reading them but when it comes to punishments there are safe words, they are safe and consensual and it is never done in anger.  You never hit a woman in anger, and if she says no you listen to her if you do not have a safe word set up, but none of those things happened in this book.  Luke abused Dallas in a scene and if I felt that it was a necessary evil in their relationship that it lead to a bigger purpose then I would be okay with it, but I feel like all it did was bring humiliation and regret and then it was swept under the rug.  It didn’t teach Dallas a lesson other than to be scared of her own boyfriend who is supposed to love and respect her.  I get that he was upset about it later on and I appreciate it but for me that scene didn’t have a purpose, nothing about it was safe, nothing about it was consensual, and nothing about it was fun. 



This Book Was…
              
         Great!  I love Dallas and Luke and I certainly cannot get enough of any book that involves motorcycle clubs so obviously I love this series!  This was a great story that had you on the edge the entire time, wondering what the hell was going to happen next.  So much is going on in this book but it’s nice to see Dallas settle into biker life and for even a small amount of time see Dallas and Luke’s relationship without drama.  


                The ending was awesome it totally blew my mind how everything played out my heart was pounding the entire last chapter.  I didn't breathe a sigh of relief for quite some time while reading all that went on with Dallas.  There was definitely a feeling of bittersweet closure at the end; bitter because it’s all over and sweet because it was very touching.  I am very anxious to get my hands on Red’s story because she definitely seems like quite the interesting woman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment