Thursday, March 13, 2014

Laura’s Review of Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika, #3) by R.K. Lilley


If you have read and enjoyed Forever with You (Fixed, #3) by Laurelin Paige, Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2) by Samantha Towle, and Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4) by Raine Miller

Basic Summary
              The Impact: Tristan hit rock bottom, and no one felt the impact harder than Danika.  She was force to see, in the most brutal of ways, that love does not conquer all.  Bruised, bloody, and broken she had to walk away.

        The Aftermath:  Picking up the pieces of your life after a tragedy is a daunting prospect, and that’s considering you will own all the pieces.  But what if you don’t?  What if someone else owns those pieces and those pieces are a part of your soul?  You dig deep and work with what you’ve got.

        That’s what Danika told herself and believed, every single day, for years.  Tristan and Danika’s love hard failed every test that life had thrown at them.  She couldn’t forget that, not for one second.  And if those tests had been overly harsh, well, she wasn’t one to wallow in self-pity.  The failure was the thing she had to focus on.  The failure was the lesson.  She had no intention of working hard to make out of well without learning that lesson well.

        The Reunion: Over six years after the night changed everything, Danika finds herself forced to spend the weekend constantly y in Tristan’s company, as they attend the wedding of two for their dearest friends.  It’s been  long enough that she feels they can be friendly again without destroying her peace of mind, but just a small amount of time in his presence has her remembering something she had forced herself to forget: There’d been a reason she’d gone through hell with this man, for this man, some true good to precede that bad.  She shocks herself by quickly giving in to a hunger that she imagined could still consume her.  Even the best intentioned denial has a breaking point.

        The Harsh Reality:  After everything that’s happened, the rise and the fall, the pain and the aftermath, can these two navigate the waters of acute regret, survive the trails of coming face to face with all that they may have lost, and find the strength to try again?


First Impressions
                Well first of all words cannot describe to finally get my hands on the ending to this trilogy, after Rock Bottom I needed Danika and Tristan to have a happily ever after.  So thank god I can get some closure to this story because I was just completely shattered after finishing book two. 

        I was so happy when R.K. Lilley included the restaurant scene from the last book but this time in Tristan’s point of view because when Danika points out that he is the one that gets to laugh and walk out of there and be happy again it just made me so angry at Tristan.  I wanted to know so badly he was laughing while Danika walked up the restaurant because that scene to me just accentuated the unfairness of it all and once again broke my heart.


What I Loved
               Well of course I just cannot get of Tristan and Danika and this book does NOT disappoint in this category.  I love seeing the progression of Danika from the beginning of this book where is she is filled with bitterness and anger to letting down her defenses one by one and slowly letting Tristan in.  When she starts ordering food from places she used to go to with Tristan or wearing clothes she used to wear when they were together it so awesome because to me it’s Danika returning back to who she truly is, not repeating old addictive patterns.  I know she worries that she’s regressing but to me it was just her finding herself again and breaking out of that shell she has created around herself.

The sex scenes in this book were freaking awesome I haven’t read scenes like that in a long time and this book did not disappoint.  The raw need between Danika and Tristan was so palpable it poured out of the pages and I just couldn’t put this book down. 

        I loved that we not only got see the progression of Danika and Tristan’s relationship but Bianca and James, and Frankie and Estella as well.  Lana and Akira even snuck into this book at a certain point, which was great because throughout this series and the In Flight series you get emotionally attached to the supporting characters as well as the main ones.  It totally made me miss James and Bianca though and now I cannot wait for Mr. Beautiful to come out!


Not So Much
                I’m so happy to finally have gotten this book and read this story; the first part of the book was just going by way too fast, leaving out details I would've liked to have read more of. There were some storylines going on with the supporting characters (Bev especially) and it’s talked about for maybe 4 paragraphs and then that’s it i would've liked to have seen more details about those plots. 

        As the story progresses there are some details as far as Tristan’s house goes and things like that but I still felt like there could’ve been more.  In the other two books in this story the supporting characters were more involved in the plot but in this book it was basically just Tristan and Danika.  I get why that is, but I would've liked a little bit more of other people in their lives in this book.  Also, I felt like there were more descriptions of what Danika was wearing then what her house looked like or what the gallery looked like.  The same goes for Tristan, the layout of his house is kind of talked about but I would've liked to have seen way more details when it came to where both of them lived.


Overall
   I loved this book!!!!  It was so great to not only get more Danika and Tristan in my life but to finally have closure as well.  Rock Bottom just completely gutted me and I needed there to be some sort of happy ending with these two so I could move on and I definitely got that in this book.  I was totally tearing up towards the end of the book and definitely in the last couple paragraphs.
 

        All I ever wanted was for Danika and Tristan to find some sort of peace so they could live again, it was so evident when reading the In Flight series that Danika was really just half a person, so when I finally got to read her story and what happened to her I just couldn't believe it.  Danika’s story was just so heart wrenching and it just totally blew my mind.  Ever since that bathroom scene in Grounded I needed to know what happened to Tristan and Danika and was so happy to finally find out.   This book definitely gives you closure to their story and at certain points makes you relive some of the pain you felt after finishing Rock Bottom, but it was all worth it at the end.  This was just such a wonderful series and truly amazing characters beautifully written.  This book had my entire attention for word one and did not let go until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment