Sunday, January 12, 2014

Laura’s Review of Hell’s Knights (The MC Sinners, #1) by Bella Jewel


If you love Storm (Storm MC, #1) By Nina Levine, Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan, Own the Wind (Chaos, #1) by Kristen Ashley, and Reaper’s Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde


Basic Summary
               Addison has had a hard life.  Her mother is useless, and her father hasn’t been in her life for years.  When her mother dies, she’s left with no money and an angry man after her.  She goes to the only person she knows can take care of her right now – her father.  She knows her father is the President of an MC club, but she doesn’t quite realize just how she will come to rely on that club.

                Cade is everything she knows she should stay away from, and yet she can’t seem to keep herself from wanting him.  He’s the club VP, gorgeous, rugged, charming, and he makes her feel again.  She should be running, she should be escaping the demons of her past, but instead she finds herself falling for the gorgeous biker.

                Come on this whirlwind romance with two broken people, who figure out how to put each other back together.


What I Love About This Book
                The prologue in the book is great; it’s so awesome when a book immediately grabs your attention.  Awesome way to start a book! I love the rawness of this story, I love how rough Addison’s life has been because it’s such a great dynamic to have a female lead be so messed up.  Addison is definitely someone who you can really hold on to and sucks you into her plight immediately.  The same can said for Cade but in a different way.  His mysteriousness makes you want to beg him to give you more.  You know he’s a man who has secrets and you’ll do anything to get him to spill them. 

     I really like that some of the chapters go back to the past, and then switch again to the past.  You get more of a rounded story that way; you can feel the emotions of that memory for Addison so much stronger because you are experiencing them with her as they are happening. 

                I think the pace of the book is great; there was never a dull moment.  The book starts of gritty and gets right to the point pretty quickly which I like.  I hate when books take forever to establish a plot and I did not have to worry about that at all in this book!


Cons
                Since this is the second book in a row and third overall motorcycle book that is written in by an Aussie writer, and please all I ask for is DETAILS!!!!! First of all I have no idea where this book is taking place, not once is a town mentioned at all.  Second just give me some more details, about everything.  It’s not the writing the style that bothers me and I don’t like knocking that unless the book is really really bad but I feel like the little things in books is what makes some books good, and others amazing. 
              
  When Addison walks into the compound and into the club house explain to me the layout of the place.  Where is the bar?  What do you see when you first walk in?  Where are the member’s rooms?  Is it decorated?  If it is what is decorated with?  Same goes to Jackson’s house although I will say there is more detail when describing his place and Cades but still lacked as far as the layout of the place, and little stuff like that.  At certain point Addison walked into a biker bar and all I get about the bar is that is that “it’s a typical biker bar”; what does that even mean?  Who are the people that are there, what is her first feeling when she walks into the place.  It’s all those little things that make a story so real I can almost reach out and touch it.  I want to believe these characters are real humans and I can’t get that feeling without the details.  I often compare books to Kristen Ashley books because she is awesome when it comes to those little details, sometimes overboard but that’s what I expect when I read a book.  I get that every author is different and I totally respect that but I NEED details it’s so important


Overall
                Main character development was pretty good, although I would've liked to know more of Jackson’s past and his upbringing since that isn't mentioned at all. I see that the third book in this series deals with Jackson so hopefully I’ll learn more about him that way. The supporting characters development was very lacking, I still have no clue what Jasper looks like because there are just very vague descriptions of him but nothing specific.  I just needed more details in this book, but that’s just me I really draw emotions from the little things mentioned in a book. 

                At certain points I didn't quite understand the flow of the story.  It was like in one paragraph Addison is telling herself why she shouldn't be with Cade, then the very next paragraph she realizes she’s going to be with him forever.  To me it’s not a natural progress, that’s more just scattered with holes in the story in between.  I guess I just wish there was more explanation for the character’s actions in the book. 

                The sex scenes between Cade and Addison were nothing less than hot, and I’m glad I didn't have to wait around for them forever.  Definitely the scene on the back of Cade’s motorcycle was just amazing.  I would read that part any day!  The chemistry between the two characters is sizzling and that definitely came across well as a reader.  I am definitely intrigued by this series and can't wait to read the next book Heaven's Sinners, I really liked Spike so I can't wait to get more into his story and life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment