Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kari’s Review of Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain Series #3) by Kristen Ashley!!




Summary:  Tyrell “Ty” Walker just served 5 years.  Years he didn’t earn.  While in prison, he devised his plan for revenge.  That plan completely changed when he walked out of the prison and right into Alexa “Lexie” Berry.  Neither of them have ever had the best of luck in life.  Ty knows he wants Lexie, and sets out to Vegas to make her his.  Lexie stands by Ty through all their obstacles, but when she reaches out to Tatum “Tate” Jackson for help with Ty, Ty finds out and feels betrayed.  Back in Carnal again, Ty begins his vengeance and is up against dirty cops, criminals, and Lady Luck who has never been kind.  With the help of some old friends, Ty and Lexie find that maybe, Lady Luck is on their side after all.

What I love about this book:  I do love KA so much!!! First, the plot line was one of the best ones in this series so far.  There was so much going on for both the main characters  throughout the entire book.  Second, I love the “reverse” happily ever after as I am calling it.  I won’t spoil it, but it was different and I enjoyed it! Third, I love that they were a modern couple, with emotions you could feel coming through the pages.  It tackled issues like mixed race couples, corruption in a small town, and friendship which are always topics of conversation.  Fourth, and this goes for anything I have read by KA, the way she intertwines her characters and they pop up in every book, is an absolute treasure.  Last, the alternating POV’s from Ty and Lexie allowed to see what they both were thinking and really connect more to the characters.
What I didn’t like:  There really wasn’t much I didn’t like, being obsessed with KA and all.  Ty’s dialogue was very limited.  He was very much the silent type.  When he did say something, it held merit and was of importance, but I would have liked more.  



Favorite quotes:“Never had a light in my life,never, not once.  I lived wild but I didn’t burn bright until you shined your light on me.”
“Baby?” he called and he felt her eyes on him.
“Yeah?” she replied, her sweet voice soft, another tone he was getting used to and this was because the last couple of days it had started to come at him often.
“Do me a favor?”
“Sure.”
“In a second, I’m gonna pull over, get out my gun and give it to you. When I do, shoot me with it.”
“What?” she whispered.
“I’m facin’ another hour and a half of your music. I’d rather be dead.”
Silence then, "Shut up." -Ty and Lexie

"You're part-goof all class. Never walked in a room, any room, with a woman on my arm, any woman, who's got your looks, your style, the kinda beauty you got and the light that shines from you. So I don't get it. I don't get how a woman leads a life full of shit and comes out of it bein' part-goof and all class. That shit's impossible but there you fuckin' are. Part-goof, all class." -Ty

“Great, I’ll continue this junior high bullshit and tell her that Ty. You got anything else I should whisper to her at recess?” Take asked, pissed as all hell.” -Tate

“I need another dick in this house and soon before the whole fuckin' place is painted pink and I slip on a glitter pen and break my neck.” -Ty




No comments:

Post a Comment