Monday, August 27, 2018

Lauren's Review of Consumed (Firefighter #1) by J.R. Ward


Firefighters. Yum! Seriously though...I was getting tired about reading books about secretaries seducing their rich, hot, playboy bosses. This story is refreshing and basically amaze"fire"balls. I was immediately hooked with the beginning scene with Anne and the fire. It was hard to not put this story down because every chapter had me hooked. What stood out to me the most about this book was that it had so many avenues of storytelling. This wasn't just about the romance between Anne and Danny but also about her investigation, her relationship with her family, adapting to new role in life and the life/stress of being a firefighter.

I thought the whole story contained great character development and I was intrigued to learn more about each individual and where their stories intertwined with Anne's and Danny's. I felt the ending was unexpected and I was surprised to learn who was involved but I did feel like the book ended a bit to abrupt for me. I know there are going to be more books in this series but I wanted just a tad bit more of Anne and Danny before I have to wait to read on. Come on Book TWO!!

Add it to your Goodreads TO READ LIST: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38622279-consumed?from_search=true

Purchase on October 2, 2018:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501194909/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0


No comments:

Post a Comment