Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Laura's Review of Beg, Tease, & Submit (Songs of Submission #1-3) by C.D. Reiss

 


Beg Synopsis
Jonathan Drazen is a known womanizer and a gorgeous piece of
man I'm not letting into my heart. Ever.

Yeah, he's rich, beautiful, charming as hell, and he has a wit as sharp as a double-edged razor... but he's made it perfectly clear that this is a short-term fuck. Three nights, tops, then we part like sexually satisfied grown-ups.

I believe him when he says he can't love me. I'm not trying to fall in love, either.

We get in. Get it on. Get the hell out. Done.

Right?

Right.

Tease Synopsis
When Jonathan was gone I couldn’t stop thinking about him, and the first thing he did when he got back was demand more of me. I’m willing to give him my orgasms and my time, but I find myself giving up pieces of my heart.

My career is on track, and even though I can’t write a thing, I can sing. So I’ll go to the art opening with him, because his ex wife will be there. I feel this need to protect him from hurt, though in bed, his domination brings me to my knees.

This man is going to break me into a million little pieces.

Submit Synopsis
"You’re mine. The minute I told you to spread your legs and you did it, you were mine. When I told you to beg for it and you did, you were mine. When you put your hands behind your back without being told, I owned you."

No. God, no.

My name is Monica, and no matter what Jonathan says, I am not submissive.

What I Loved
    
      This is such an awesome series, and what a way to begin it!  You immediately get sucked into Monica’s dreary world of singing and waitressing while taking care of her best friend Gabrielle.  It’s obvious from the very beginning that Monica has had it rough throughout her life with very little support from her actually family.  I love that she has in a way created her own family through Gabrielle and Darren, and I really love Darren and Monica’s relationship.  I think that by her still remaining friends with Darren after dating him for so long shows a great deal of maturity in this character and I really love that about her.  I loved how the Monica’s emotions come out of her voice when she sings and how she can hypnotize an entire audience with her singing.

          I cannot get enough of the mystery that surrounds Jonathan, I just want to find out everything about this man and he is definitely why I couldn’t put these stories down.  The sexual chemistry between Monica and Jonathan bubbles from the pages and their sex scenes were smoking!  Their relationship has definitely taken me on a one of a hell of a roller coaster ride and I’m ready for more!

Not So Much
          I really the beginning of this series and I really can’t wait to continue and see what happens with Monica and Jonathan.  However there was a lack of details for certain things, I really don’t the layout of Jonathan’s house or what colors incorporate his estate, the only room that was described in detail was the bedrooms that they were in.  The same can be said for Monica’s house, I love how we got to see how dilapidated the house is, but what does her bedroom look like?  What about Monica’s personality is reflected in this house?  Also because there was a lack of detail in certain scenes it made some of the dialogue a little confusing and it at times seemed to jump around a little too much. 



To Sum It All Up!

          So far so good when it comes to this series, and I really can’t wait to see what else is in store for Jonathan and Monica and something tells me it probably won’t be smooth sailing from here on out for these two.  I love the chemistry between these two because it definitely lead to some pretty hot sex scenes which I just wanted more of.  The author does such a wonderful job of painting such a gray picture of Monica’s life, it immediately sucks you in and builds a strong foundation for the entire series so far.  The character development for both of them is spot on, and I can’t wait to see where this all leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment