Sunday, May 4, 2014

Laura’s Review of The Gift (The Original Sinners, #0.5) & Little Red Riding Crop (The Original Sinners, #0.6) by Tiffany Reisz


These are both Prequels to the Siren (Original Sinners, #1) and are not meant to be standalones.

The Gift Basic Summary
              A trained submissive, Eleanor will do whatever her master commands…even spend a week with a stranger.  Daniel has been a recluse since his wife’s death, and Eleanor’s lover thinks spending time with her will be therapeutic—especially since Daniel is also a Dom.

            Despite her defiant streak, Eleanor can’t resist giving in to Daniel’s erotic demands.  But while she’ll let him have her body, she’s determined to keep a guard around her heart.  Even if Daniel wants to make Eleanor his permanently….

The Gift (Originally published as Seven Day Loan)

What I Loved
                Well first of all, the one big thing I loved about this very short story is the massive amount of sex in it.  Thank you Tiffany Reisz for not beating around the bush and not paying too much attention to the lead in of the plot and just getting right to the point. 

            This is a very short story, only about 41 pages but it definitely packed a punch.  I instantly fell in love with Daniel, and Nora’s wonderful personality shined through every page.  I love how Nora can break my heart in one sentence and have me giggling in the very next.  Soren of course pisses me off in many ways, I get everything he does, he does with a purpose and lessoned to be learned but I don’t know how I would feel about being shared by my master against my own wishes.  Yet since I have read other books in this story and know very much about Nora’s relationship with him, I understand the bond the two of them share, which far and away more powerful then Soren’s and Nora’s actions. 

Not So Much
                I wanted more!!! I wish this was a little bit longer, because I just couldn’t get enough of Daniel.  I want more Daniel, and I want more of him now!  This story was such a great story, but I would’ve appreciated it being maybe 10 pages longer going into more day to day detail.  Nora was definitely the submissive in this story, even if they topped from the bottom a little, but I would’ve liked more BDSM.  I think I would’ve appreciated a scene involving more toys and more bondage.


This Short Story Was…
                Awesome!  I love Nora Sutherlin, and I worship the ground Tiffany Reisz walks on.  In such a short amount of time my emotions went from reluctant, to sexual, to joyful, to hopeful, to heart breaking.   I wanted so much for Nora to make different decisions, even though I reluctantly understood her choices and would probably decide the same thing.  I love Daniel so much, but I love Nora even more and even though I’m not totally in love with Soren I get her relationship with him and what that means to her.  


Buy The Gift Now



        _______________________________________________________________________
Little Red Riding Crop Basic Summary
     
Mistress Nora needs a vacation.  She might be the one flogging the clients, but Kingsley, her sexy French boss, is the real sadist who rarely gives her a day off.  They strike a backseat deal: Nora gets one month off and a trip to Europe if she can sneak into a rival BDSM club and get the dirt on the owner.  But she’ll need more than her little red riding crop when she comes face to face with Brad Wolfe, the one man who stands between her and freedom.


What I Loved
                I enjoyed this short story because it had a little surprise at the end that actually calmed me down.  For a minute I was mad there was a Dominatrix out there that could be better than Mistress Nora.  I was not going to be happy if there was a woman out there that could challenge Nora and win!  I love Nora and she is the best Dominatrix in the world, and no one can take that title around for her.  The ending of this book although soothed my nerves, still left me anxious because Black Forest is definitely giving the 8th Circle a run for its money.

Not So Much
                Like The Gift, I would’ve liked this to be a tad longer.  Maybe show a little bit of Nora’s vacation, and the luscious moments that would happen while she was away from Kingsley.   I love short stories because they get right to the point because you have no time to drag the story along, but this is only about 37 pages, and I would’ve liked it a little bit longer.

This Short Story Was….

            Terrific! Of course a great Tiffany Reisz book wouldn’t be completed without at least one sex scene, and of course you get that.  I was wondering where on the time line of Nora and Soren’s relationship this book was taking place and it was interesting for this one to take place after Nora had left him.  I also enjoyed the hotness of Kingsley in this book, I’ve read The Angel where you get a dose of Kingsley’s sexiness but it was never enough for me so I was happy to get some more in this one.  Although I do think Kingsley is a total asshole for not giving his workers days off or even 
vacations! 
Buy Little Red Riding Crop Here


   

No comments:

Post a Comment