Friday, February 21, 2014

Lauren's Review of The Initation Of Ms. Holly by K.D Grace

*ARC received by NetGallery and the publisher for an honest review*

Summary: Sex with a mysterious stranger aboard a train leads Rita Holly to an initiation into the exclusive and secretive Mount club. Sophisticated and deviant rituals await Rita, as do the endless intrigues and power struggles deep within the heart of the organization.Rita learns that membership of the Mount Club is not for the sexually repressed. During her initiation, sex with her new lover from the train, Edward, is forbidden but Alex the dance instructor is happy to take his place and Leo the zoo keeper is happy to encourage Rita's animal instincts. With more and more titillating punishments in store and the club's sexy head Vivienne intent on her failing, will Holly succeed in her lengthy and lurid initiation?

 Rating: 2.5 Stars (Hot sex but story is lacking)

"Sex is the depth of our animal nature and the highest mount of our divinity. It is our inheritance, our birthright."

What I Loved About This Book: First, let me say you must be open minded if you want to enjoy this book.  There are times where I had to stop and say to myself, come on really?? The plot is so outrageous at times.  Some parts I found captivating however a majority of the time,  I felt like this is crap and would never happen.  The scenes are graphic and leaves little to the imagination.  If you love hot, steamy, kinky sex, this book is definitely for you.  My favorite scenes are the ones with Holly having sex with members of the High Council especially Alex & Leo. Almost every character in this story gets fucked or hooks up with someone. 

Cons: I struggled with my decision on this book because there were times that I enjoyed this book but overall,  I was not crazy about it.  The Initiation of Ms. Holly opens up with a scene involving sex on a train with a complete stranger (and a chocolate truffle) and the whole time I am thinking, I would punch this guy in the face if he tried this with me.  Multiple times, I had to step back and accept that this story was fantasy and K.D. Grace was going to take me to unrealistic, far out places. 

There are a lot of great characters in the book but there is no character development which leads to no connection.  We jump into the opening scene with Rita and Edward and then it gets jumpy and we move around meeting new characters but we never get insight into any of them.  Edward comes in and out of the story and it seems like Holly does a lot for someone who is never around and remains faceless to her.  Yes, throughout the story, she has never seen his face and she devotes herself to a man she has never seen which I am sure would be fun and mysterious at first but after awhile, it has to get old! Plus, it takes way too long to find out what Edward's deal is.

Next on my TBR List: ARC copy of Hot Shots by Anne Marsh, Lynn LaFleur and Stacey Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment