Sunday, December 15, 2013

Laura’s Review of A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful, #2.5) by Jamie McGuire


IF YOU LOVE BEAUTIFUL DISASTER AND WALKING DISASTER AND WANT MORE TRAVIS MADDOX IN YOUR LIFE THEN THIS IS THE SHORT STORY FOR YOU!


Basic Summary:   You what that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

                Why did Abby pop the question?
                What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
                Where did they spend their wedding night?
                Who else knew about it…and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’ elopement was top-secret…until know.  Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!) –and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.


What I Loved About This Book: This was a great little short story that gives you more of what you want, more Abbey and Travis!! I didn’t think this story could bring tears to my eyes but there was definitely a couple times where I got a little teary eyed.  There was a lot going on in this story, and I’m actually kind of pissed to have read what was going through Abbey’s head and why she decided to marry Travis.  Of course I’m glad she went through with it and obviously she loves him, but maybe not marrying for all the right reasons.  There was a lot I forgot about since I’ve read the last book and throughout reading this short story all their love and experiences came flooding back to me.  I like that this story included not just their wedding but their one year anniversary as well and it was a beautiful ending to a beautiful story disaster!


Cons:  Abbey to me got married for the absolute wrong reasons, and I kind of wonder if Travis will ever find out what was really going through her brain at the time.  I think parts of the story are a little too unrealistic as far as the fire investigation goes and witness testimony, I just can’t see things working out that way, but that’s just me.  Plus I’m not a HUGE fan of cheesy and there were parts that were DEFINITELTY cheesy, but it works for lots of people and I love Travis and Abbey so I’ll excuse it (this one time).  I guess also it bothered me that everything was a little too predictable there were no huge surprises or twists and turns in this story, it was very even and not too dramatic which I need for a story to keep my attention.




Overall:  Great story, great way to give some more closure to this roller of coaster of a relationship.  It’s so great to have more Travis and Abbey in my life.  Obviously after reading Walking Disaster we all know which way their lives go in, it’s just exciting to have a lot of the holes filled in.  BUT NOT ALL OF THEM!!! I want a short story that deals with Abbey and Travis having their first baby or something like that.  There were some parts where I got a little misty eyed, there were other times that I laughed out loud reading this story so it all the right elements that make a short story an awesome story! 


No comments:

Post a Comment