Monday, July 10, 2017

Laura's Review of His Turn (Turning, #3) By JA Huss


Synopsis
I look her body up and down as I circle her.
Mine?
I smile a devious, deviant, I’m gonna make you sorry you ever started playing this game with me smile.
And then I take her hand.
I lead her to the elevator.
We go up to my apartment.
I tie her wrists together with rope.
Raise her arms above her head.
And chain her to the ceiling.
It’s my turn.

What I Loved
        Oh my god, finally!!! In the first book in this series I wasn’t quite sure what to make sure of Bric/Elias as a character.  He was the one person that as reader you didn’t get to know the most and at the end of the book you kind of hate him.  But then in Turning Back that all changes, as Bric becomes more of a main character and you kind of begin to love him. Yet, at the same the time I felt like a rescued puppy around him, wanting to trust this new hot man but not sure if I can just yet. But by the end of the second book my heart broke a little for him.  So, I was so happy to finally get to around to Bric’s story and see what this man is really made of!

        I was immediately sucked back into this dark world of erotic and forbidden sex and happy to be there!! Also, introduced to a new feisty character that was going to give Bric a run for his money.  I liked that Jordan became more of a vocal character in the series as well, and by the end I absolutely loved his character development. 

Nadia was someone that had to grow on me though, she came across as arrogant at certain points and I couldn’t wait for Bric to put her in her place! Saying that, I loved the chemistry between them and I loved how Nadia challenged Bric at every turn because that’s someone he needed to keep his attention.  Although Nadia did come off as cocky at points when it wasn’t needed, I loved her bravado and the depth to her.  By the end I fell as much in love with her as I did with Bric.


Not So Much
       

        My only huge complaint was the details in the story.  I know that this is a series but there was a lot of detail on how Nadia looked and a lot of detail of some of the settings, like their new house but that’s where it stopped.  I would’ve liked more reinforcement in what Bric looked like and Jordan as well, I get that these are characters from previous novels but there should’ve been more description when it came to them.  The same can be said about Turning Point. I kind of remember what the club looked like from previous books but to add more description to remind the reader would’ve been nice. 

To Sum It All Up!
        Overall, I was so happy with the way the story went and that I finally got to crack the hard nut that is Elias Bricman.  I thought I loved him after book two, but I had no clue what made this man who was until His Turn. I loved watching Nadia and Bric fight with each other constantly and I loved to see Nadia push all his buttons and vice versa.  Even though this was all under the guise of a “game” they both grabbed my heart and when it all came crashing down around them I had literal tears in my eyes. 


        I loved how this series isn’t just about hot sex and threesomes, there’s always a little bit of a mystery added in which sucks you in even more as a reader and adds incredible amount of depth to the plot.  This story was no exception to that rule and I couldn’t put this book, needing to find out all the mysteries these characters were hiding.  I truly love this series because it’s hot and sexy but shows tremendous amount of character development and depth in every storyline.  You fall in love with each of these characters and as the series progresses you get to see their lives progress too, which imbeds each of their stories into your heart.  I am true fan of JA Huss now and forever.

Purchase Today
Amazon US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / Kobo / iBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment