Friday, March 3, 2017

Laura’s Review of Cole by Tijan

Synopsis
I shouldn’t have remembered him.

He was just a guy who walked through a restaurant. I didn't know his name. We never made eye contact. There was no connection between us at all.

But I could feel him.

The tingle down my spine. The command in his presence. The snap of tension in the air around him. That was the first time I saw him, and I was captivated.

The second time was different.

He was in the mysterious back elevator of my apartment building. Our eyes met for a fleeting second before the doors closed, and I was staggered. My breath was robbed. My senses on high alert. My body hummed.

That was just the beginning.

He was the leader of the mafia. I was about to fall in love with him, and his name…

Cole Mauricio


What I Loved
I can’t remember the last time a book had tears in my eyes from the beginning but Cole did exactly that, it captured my attention and when it was all over I immediately wanted more.  Addison’s story was so compelling from the start, she immediately gripped my heart and was such an amazing and forceful character.  Most of the story is from her point of view and right away you get to know her on a very intimate level and I loved that the plot immediately drops you into her sadness, because you feel it right along with her.

The minute Cole literally walks onto the scene you are instantly drawn to him, he emanates this power and mystery that sucks you in as the reader.  Every time he was with Addison or walked into a room the environment changed because he was so powerful and that came across so beautifully to me.  You know so little about him throughout most of the story and everything he gives you, you hold onto it because as the reader, you want more.  He had this air about him that drew your attention and whenever he was around I didn’t want him to leave.  I loved the chemistry between him and Addison, they couldn’t stay away from each other and their love kept me captivated.
Not So Much
        I really loved this book so I don’t have a lot of bad things to say.  I do wish there were more details added into the background to really set the stage for each scene.  The building where Cole and Addison live was described nicely but once Addison moves in there isn’t really a good description of what the apartment looks like, nothing is really explained that would reflect her new life or personality.  I felt like those types of details were missing in many scenes, I would’ve liked to have seen more background detail added in.
To Sum It All Up!
       

       Overall this was truly a magnificent book that reminded me why I love romance and suspense so much.  I was instantly sucked into Cole because of how amazing Tijan’s writing is, I was enthralled from the very beginning and when it was all over I wasn’t ready to say goodbye.  

Addison is truly an amazing character that surprised me repeatedly by her bravery and unending love.  Cole is this man of mystery that captured my attention the minute he walked into that restaurant.  I literally could not get enough of this man, he was dangerous yet loving and sexy.  I loved all these different facets to this man, he could be a killer one minute and the next be soft and loving.  I’m such a huge fan of complicated characters that have so many layers to them because it shows true talent in the writing. 

        Cole is filled with suspense that I loved and there were many things I did not see coming at all.  I love when I can read a book and not predict what is going to happen next.  There was a great foundation laid out for the story to build from and how the plot moved along was right on point.  I never felt like the book was too slow or skipped over things I wanted to know more about.  There was a lot of twists and turns so be ready for it and enjoy the ride! 

Like I said before I loved the chemistry between Cole and Addison, it was instantaneous and they couldn’t get enough of each other.  The feelings they have for one another poured off the pages and it was evident they were two people who were meant to be together no matter what.  This was such a magnificent story, I was instantly sucked in and I can honestly say I’m still suffering from the book hangover.  If I could shout it from every roof top for people to read this book I would! READ THIS BOOK! 

Purchase Today

No comments:

Post a Comment