Saturday, October 3, 2015

Laura’s Review of Tyrant (King, #2) by T.M. Frazier




Synopsis

I. Remember. Everything.

Only now I wish I didn't.

When the fog is sucked away from my mind like smoke through a vacuum, the truth that has been beyond my reach for months finally reveals itself.

But the relief I thought I would feel never comes, and I'm more afraid now than I was the morning I woke up handcuffed in King's bed.

Because with the truth comes dark secrets I was never meant to know.

I will put the lives of those I love most at risk if I let on that my memory has returned, or if I seek help from the heavily tattooed felon who owns me body and soul.

I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist the magnetic pull toward King that grows stronger every day.

He's already saved me in more ways than one. Now it's my turn to do whatever it takes to save him.



What I Loved

Wow what an amazing book!  The first book had left me with my jaw on the ground but this one had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  I couldn’t put Tyrant down, I literally lost hours sleep because I needed to find out what would happen next.  Tyrant picks up the minute King left off, with Doe finding out her true identity while being ripped away from King. When Doe/Ramie is brought back to her childhood home, I was on edge immediately.  You don’t really know who to trust and if the people surrounding Doe are telling the truth or not. I loved how Doe starts to remember parts of her life and each time she has a memory it answers some questions but asks more at the same time. Right away parts of Doe’s life threw me for a huge loop and I was instantly sucked into her story.  

          Meanwhile King’s life is being threatened once again, and even though he has gotten rid of one enemy an even bigger one comes looking for him.  There are definitely some nail biting moments when the story changes to King’s point of view, one in particular had my eyes bugging out of my head and my heart racing.  Through all of this mess though King’s love for Doe never wavers and the sexual chemistry between Doe and King boils at certain parts.   Each time they were away from each other I couldn’t wait for them to come together again because I just loved them together so much.



Not So Much
         
Again I have the same complaint I had with the first book; that some scenes deserved more follow through and detail.  I loved that the story switched between King and Doe’s point of view but there was one pivotal scene from King’s POV that I felt like deserved more explanation.  I understand it ended in a certain way to keep the reader in suspense but then it’s never really talked about or addressed again which was odd to me.  Another thing I felt was really weird is that Doe’s mother is talked about and she’s always kind of around but not once is there a scene just between Doe and her mother.  I understand it was to emphasize the type of relationship Doe had with her mother, but I felt like there was more that could’ve been written there to make it a little bit more complex.  I felt like there should’ve been just more detail added to certain aspects to the plot overall to give it more depth.



To Sum It All Up!
         
This has been an incredible series, and Tyrant definitely went in a direction I did not see coming.  I absolutely loved every minute of the plot and to watch Doe/Ramie’s life unfold and lead you down a path that left me completely shocked was spectacular.  I loved the most though was that no matter the craziness going on around Doe and King the love between them never changed.  Doe had to come to terms with her old and new self and decide what path she wanted to go down but she always knew King was the man she loved.  King had so much shit swirling around him and although he didn’t know if he would make it out alive you knew that Doe was his woman and always would be.  There’s so much I want to say because I loved Tyrant so much but I won’t because this review would go on forever and I would give away the story.  I will say that there are a lot of nail biting moments and you do learn what happened to Doe/Ramie and how she ended up in a dumpster with no memory.  I loved the ending because it gave me everything I needed to end this story with a smile on my face.  I can’t freaking wait to dive into Bear’s story, I love dark romances and I know his story will satisfy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment