Monday, September 28, 2015

Laura’s Review of Wanted (Most Wanted, #1) by J. Kenner

 
Synopsis

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER


For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to You, and Release Me comes an all-new erotic series of three enigmatic and powerful men, and the striking women who can bring them to their knees.

He is everything I crave, all I desperately want—and he is everything I can’t have.

Evan Black embodies my every fantasy. He is brilliant, fierce, and devastatingly handsome. But he is also headstrong, dangerous, and burdened with secrets.

My family warned me to stay away, that I could never handle Evan’s dark dealings or scarred past. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I should have run. But our desire is undeniable, and some temptations you just can’t fight.

And from the moment we touch—the passion between us consuming us both—I know that I will never be the same.

Wanted is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

What I Loved
        
        Right away this story captivated me because we meet Angie right after she’s lost her Uncle Jahn and needs to decide what she wants to do with her life and her sorrow just grips your heart.  From the very beginning it’s easy to understand how catastrophic this loss was not only for her but Jahn’s close friends as well.  One of them just happens to be Angie’s long time crush Evan Black. 

From the very beginning Evan exudes this strong sensual confidence that makes you want to rip all his clothes off and see what he’s hiding underneath!  I loved the back and forth between him and Angie at the beginning because it wasn’t too much to be annoying, but just enough to build the sexual tension between them. The attraction between Angie and Even is unmistakable and I loved that as the story went on the relationship builds to not only love but a partnership as well.  The love scenes were boiling and I loved literally every single one of them.  Not only was this story filled with sex and passion but also a little suspense and some heart breaking decisions that just added to my overall adoration of this entire plot.

Not So Much
          I really did enjoy reading this book and I love J. Kenner so this is going to short! I did feel like some scenes needed more follow through or more detail.  Especially towards the end, where everything gets wrapped up nicely but one of the scenes went from happiness to depression in less than a paragraph.  One minute Angie was in Chicago the next she was in California and it all just made my head spin a little. 


To Sum It All Up!
          Overall this was an awesome story. I absolutely love J. Kenner because she knows how to throw some curveballs into the plot to keep the reader completely enthralled.  I read Heated before I read this one and even though this is a series, they are standalones so I didn’t feel lost or missing out whatsoever.

         I think the main characters were written beautifully, both very complex with tons of depth making you more invested in their feelings and happiness.  I think the plot was really good and that is because a strong foundation was laid out for the story to build from.  There aren’t not words to describe just how much I love Evan Black, he is one sexy kinky man that knows when to put his heart on the line.  Angie although isn’t as experienced as Evan doesn’t come off as helpless or weak.  She’s a strong female lead that just needs to find her happiness.  I am truly addicted to J. Kenner and will read anything she puts out!

No comments:

Post a Comment