Sunday, August 16, 2015

Laura’s Review of Priest by Sierra Simone



Synopsis
There are many rules a priest can't break.
A priest cannot marry. A priest cannot abandon his flock. A priest cannot forsake his God.

I've always been good at following rules.
Until she came.
My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I'm twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again.
I am a priest and this is my confession.

*** Priest is a standalone, full-length novel with an HEA.  For mature audiences only. ***
 


What I Loved
          I was very intrigued with this story, I love forbidden romances and from the synopsis Priest fell right into this category.  I was no disappointed in the least because Sierra Simone can write one HOT story.  The way the prologue was written sucked me in immediately and captivated me from the very beginning.

          The sexual tension between Tyler and Poppy pours off the pages and just grows and grow as the plot moves along.  All that built up passion between these two builds to some pretty explosive and shocking sexy scenes and I LOVED every single minute of it.

          There isn’t one negative thing I have to say about Tyler, was a very relatable and lovable character.  His path to becoming a priest was gripping and he made it very easy for me to become engrossed in this story.  I can certainly say the same things for Poppy as well; she’s a woman who has taken very brave steps in life and she proves just how courageous she can be over and over again.  It was so great watching these two characters fall in love with each other.


Not So Much
         This was such a great story and I truly enjoyed reading it but I do wish there were more details involved.  I felt like there was descriptions of what a Priest wears, what he has to do but the details kind of stopped there.  I don’t really know what the church looked like interior and exterior.  The same goes for when Tyler visits his parent’s house and other backgrounds that can add depth to a plot.

          Also I felt like all the sex scenes were awesome, but the scenes in between could’ve had more depth.  The foundation for the overall plot was there but I from then on the character development outside of their sexual need for one another didn’t really grow.  It would’ve been nice to see more of Tyler and Poppy just being together rather than those scenes being glossed over and then tons of details of them having sex. 


To Sum It All Up!
        
            This was a very sexy story about forbidden love and finding your own happiness.  Like I said before I loved Tyler and Poppy and it was so wonderful to watch these two find each other and fall in love.  I felt like both Tyler and Poppy were very real easy to relate to because they are characters that have both made hard choices in life.  Tyler’s story really grips you from the very beginning and it makes it so easy for the reader to be engrossed in the plot.  If you’re looking for a hot new erotica then this is totally the book for you.  This is my first Sierra Simone novel and I can’t wait to read more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment