Monday, June 15, 2015

Lauren's Review of Bang & Echo (Black Lotus #1 & #2) by E.K. Blair

Hello did you miss me???? I am back!!!! Here is my review for Bang: 


Summary: They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. But I’m not innocent. I haven’t been for a very long time. My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.

I never even had a choice. I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. Until now. 
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.

Rating 4.5 Stars


What I Loved: This book instantly reminded me of the television show, Revenge, so if you enjoyed the show, I think you will also enjoy this book. E.K Blair does an amazing job of wrapping you into the story right away.  The book goes back and forth from the present to the past with a few surprises in between.  As a lover of erotica, the storylines get a bit repetitive after awhile and I was cruising for a book with a twist and Bang did that for me. The every character is unique and has so depth and intensity. You finish reading and question to yourself; can a person really be capable of doing something so horrifying?   

Not So Much: Some scenes in this book seem a little farfetched.  I don’t know that I completely understand Elizabeth’s character and her actions.  I don’t think I would describe this book as a “mindfuck” but it is different and it will keep you wanting more (isn’t that why we read these books?!?!).








My next review will be for Echo (Black Lotus #2) so stayed tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment