Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Laura's Review of 'Til Death ('Til Death, #1) by Bella Jewel



If you have read and enjoyed Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1) by Aleatha Romig, Consumed (Consumed, #1) by Skyla Madi, and Obsessed (Obsessed, #1) by Deborah Bladon then you will LOVE this book!

Synopsis
They say there's a fine line between love and hate.

There is.

I married a douchebag.

I didn't know it at the time.

He came in like a handsome stranger and blew me off my feet.

I fell madly in love, like the naive girl I am.

Then he left me high and dry.

Turns out, I was nothing more than a business plan for billionaire playboy, Marcus Tandem.

He needed to be married in order to obtain his grandfathers business, and I was the poor victim in his path.

I believed in what we had, until the truth reared its ugly head.

I never meant anything to Marcus. Not a damned thing.

With my world spinning on its axis, the girl I once was has long since died.

Instead he left me as this empty, emotionless shell.

I may have made a vow before God to love and cherish him ‘Til Death do we part, but it’s time for me to give back to Marcus, exactly what he gave me.

He has to pay.

And pay he will.

This is part of a two book series and it will contain a HEA – Readers over 18+ 


What I Loved
            Wow this book kind of blew my mind.  I went into it not having very high expectations, so I totally didn’t think I would be immediately sucked in and not be able to put it down the entire time.  Marcus oozes raw sexuality from the very beginning, he’s definitely the type of man that you’re completely intrigued with but also scares you at the same time.  He’s definitely the reason why I couldn’t stop reading this story. 

            I loved that not only did this book switch point of views but it went back and forth between the past and present day.  It really laid out how Marcus and Katia’s relationship started, and how it got to a point where Katia kind of hates him now.  I think that without a story like this switching point of views, the reader wouldn’t only get half of a story, and with a plot like this it’s vital that you get both sides.  The sexual tension between the two of them dripped off the pages, even when they were fighting and screaming at each other I just wanted them to rip each other’s clothes off and get down to business!

Not So Much
        
           I do wish that more of a foundation was laid out as the plot went on.  I get some things are supposed to be left in the dark and as this series moves on we’ll get more answers but more of a background especially when it comes to Marcus would’ve been appreciated.  I get why Marcus acts the way he acts now as an adult but when it came to Katia we really got to understand her childhood and the same attention wasn’t paid to Marcus.  There should’ve been more details to begin the character development especially where Marcus is concerned.

            Also the background details were very lacking as well.  I get that Marcus and Katia live in his huge house and all, but tell me what this house looks like.  What does Katia’s bedroom look like, what colors assault you the minute you walk through the front door.  Where is the kitchen when you walk into the house, where is Katia’s bedroom compared to Marcus’ bedroom?  Did the house change once Katia moved in?  Did the environment around them change as they progressed into their marriage?  I just felt like there was no background support when it came to these characters, I like to have the whole  picture painted out for me so I can get a sense where and how these characters live in. 

To Sum it All Up!

            This was such a great beginning, and I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on part two in this story and see how all this drama will play out.  Like I said before I cannot get enough of Marcus and his smoking hot body, even if he is cold and has a bad temper.  Give me a naked Marcus anytime of the week!  I definitely feel like Katia a character I can root for; she’s just a girl looking for love who got swept off her feet by deception.  As much as I love naked Marcus, I love Katia more and I will always be team Katia.  I do wish there were more details in the story, I get that this story takes place in Australia but I have no real idea where in the country so I wish that was kind of build into the plot as well as other details.  Overall though, great story I couldn’t put it down till the very end which left me salivating for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment