Saturday, November 22, 2014

Laura’s Review of Affliction (Knights Rebels, #MC) by River Savage



Synopsis
Three little words are all it takes to rip his world apart. Lost in his own affliction, Sy has been living in a darkness that he doesn't ever want to let go of.

Until she arrives and shines her light so bright that nothing else mattered.

She was only in it for the chase, for the thrill of capturing the unattainable.
But what happens when her world shatters around her, spiraling her into the darkness beside him?

Can his affliction be her resurrection?
Or will two lost souls living in the depths of deception let it destroy them?



What I Loved
            First of all I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this story! There was just something about Sy that intrigued me and I wanted to get inside that head so freaking badly.  The big question is now, was I disappointed?  HELL NO I wasn’t disappointed, I freaking loved this story!

            There are so words for how much I love Sy now!  He is such an amazing character in every single aspect.  I love hot alpha men with tempers, and boy when he got jealous or egged on by Holly I had to fan myself a little.  The chemistry between Sy and Holly was sweltering, they’re sex scenes were awesome and anytime Sy was naked I had a huge smile on my face. 

            I don’t want to give anything away, I will just say that Sy’s story grips you by the heart instantly and as you see it all unfold it just makes you love Sy so much more.  The dynamic between these two completely surprised me, the romance between them developed in a way I didn’t expect which I really loved because I don’t like stories that are predictable.  



Not So Much
            I get that this is the second book in a series, but the foundation that was laid out in the first book was not there in the second book.  This story could be read as a standalone if someone wanted to read just this one, but not once is it mentioned where this story is taking place.  I get that you get more of those details in the first book, but that should carryover to each book in this series as well. Even if you have read Incandescent, it’s hard to remember everything so the basis of this MC and where they are located should be explained again. 

            Also the details were lacking in certain parts of the story that I took notice to.  At one point Holly cuts her hair and all I know about this is that it’s darker and shorter.  But I don’t really know what that means, is her hair now red, brown, black? Is the new style a bob, or just cut to her shoulders?  Also I have no idea what Holly’s apartment looks like, there is no description of her apartment at all as well as the MC’s club house or Sy’s room.  I just wish there was more description details because it paints a better more real picture of what this story is meant to be.


To Sum it All Up!
            This was such a wonderful story, I literally picked the book up started reading and before I knew it I couldn’t put it down and I was already half way through.  Sy and Holly’s story immediately grabs your heart and doesn’t let go.  The first bit of the book parallels some events in Incandescent which was cool because you got to see some of the story from someone else’s point of view.  I love how much Sy truly surprised me; I’m not surprised often when it comes to romance books so when I am I really appreciate it.  I loved how their love for each other unfolded and grew, even though it was certainly tested at times they definitely define what true love is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment