Friday, August 29, 2014

Laura’s Review of Incandescent (Knight’s Rebels MC, #1) by River Savage



If you have read and enjoyed Reaper’s Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde, Fire Inside (Chaos, #2) by Kristen Ashley, and Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2) by Cherrie Lynn then you will LOVE this book!

Synopsis
              Phoenix ‘Nix’ Knight thought pulling his club out of the illegal shit his Pops got them into was difficult. 

             Until he meets Kadence.
 

            Kadence Turner has no business lusting over a student’s father, especially the president of the Knights Rebels MC. Nix is crass, obnoxious and dangerously sexy and for some reason, Kadence can’t seem to hate him for it. The bossy biker breaks down her defenses, but unlike the old Kadence, the woman she is today won’t give in without a fight.
 

            The tension is undeniable, the attraction fierce. A man that wants what he wants and a woman that will fight him every step of the way.


Buy Incandescent Here

What I Loved
           The prologue immediately hooks you in to the story of Kadence and because it begins with her heartbreak, the author makes it really easy to become her number one fan.  I really love the character of Kadence; I like that she doesn’t put up with anyone’s shit especially Nix’s.  The sexual tension between Nix and Kadence pours off the pages by the end of chapter one, and ever since then I couldn’t wait for them to get it on!  Trust me, when they finally do get it on, it is well worth the wait. 

            I don’t know who I love more in this story, Nix or Kadence because instead of Nix being some rude, crude biker, he’s a father who runs several businesses and has his shit together.  I love that he just plain ignores Kadence when she tries to push him away, truly believing in what they have. 

Not So Much
             This story was really great and I really enjoyed it from the beginning to the end.  But at certain points it was a little rough around the edges, and the story kind of felt stunted.  It almost felt like the characters were talking at your rather than telling you their story.  As the story went on, the flow got smoother which helped me get even more sucked into the story.

            Also the background details were severely lacking in my opinion.  There is no real description of Kadence’s apartment, or Nix’s house.  You get the general lay out of things but I like to know the details of a person’s living space and how it reflects on their personality.  It just adds to the story for me, if I can clearly picture what their environment looks like around them. 


This Book Was

                Pretty freaking good!!! Love Kadence and Nix, wish this MC existed in real life so I can find myself a hot biker that is a Knight’s Rebel!  Kadence’s past definitely reels you in, and it was so great to see someone who worked so hard to survive finally get their happily ever after.  This book definitely brings you on quite the roller coaster ride and there were some heart stopping moments which kept me on the edge of my seat.  This was totally a page turner and after meeting Sy, I can’t wait to jump into his story in Affliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment