Sunday, August 31, 2014

Laura’s Review of The Arrangement 16: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #16) by H.M. Ward



Synopsis
             I’ve gone from a future of possibilities to nothing in a single gunshot. Homeless, penniless and without the man I love, my hopelessness overwhelms me and I seek unexpected comfort from people long absent in my life. I can’t lose Sean—not now, not ever—and I’ll do anything to catch the person trying to take him away from me, even if it means using myself as bait.

This story unfolds over multiple volumes approx. 125 pages each.
~The Arrangement Vol 1-16 are on sale now.~



Buy The Arrangement 16 Here

What I Loved
            Yay!! All the messy pieces of the puzzle are finally being put together!!! I love that we are finally getting somewhere as to figuring out what the hell is going on with Avery and Sean.   It’s wonderful that we finally know who has been after Avery and Sean for some time now and although it took Avery a while to realize just how messed up this person is, she finally has accepted it.  I love that Sean and Avery’s relationship has become more solid in this book and constant back and forth between them has paused at least for a little while.  Although I do feel like that we haven’t seen the last of “we shouldn’t be together” crap that has been happening since The Arrangement 1.   A lot goes on this one, and you we do get to see way more Ferros in one story then we ever have before, which was pretty awesome!

Not So Much
            I can honestly say I am truly addicted to this entire series.  I cannot get of Sean and
the place and too scattered.  The story picks up right where The Arrangement 15 left off, but then skips ahead a couple weeks by the end.  Sean’s in the hospital in the beginning and then I guess he’s released or leaves at a certain point, but none of that is really explained or followed through.  He’s recovering from a bullet wound, but it’s not really established where he is after the hospital.  Sean’s mother is mentioned at a certain point because Peter and John have seen her, but I have no idea when and where they see her.  There were just things to me that weren’t explained properly that should have been.  It made it a little hard to keep up and keep everyone straight.



This Story Was
            Very suspenseful.  The story picks up right where the last one left off, which was pure chaos.  Avery is a complete mess for a good part of this story, and it even when she finally got her shit together, it’s easy to tell she’s still hanging by a thread.  But to me that’s nothing really new for Avery, she’s always just kind of hanging out to her life.  A lot of things happen in this story, and there are just a ton of characters in this one.  I would love for there to be a Ferro family tree somewhere either in the books, or on a website somewhere because it’s becoming very hard to keep everyone straight and because it was so confusing it took me out of the story emotionally to try to remember everyone.  Once again H.M. Ward has managed to hook the reader with another amazing cliff hanger that has left me salivating for The Arrangement 17.  I can’t get enough of Sean and Avery and I sat down and read this one cover to cover in one sitting because I was instantly transported back to this crazy world and I loved every second of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment